five.three

UNITED STATES, NORTH AMERICA

UNITED STATES, NORTH AMERICA. 5021

LORELEI was far from happy when her eldest daughter brought home an alien after her little sister was born. Both Jenkins were stubborn so they rarely spoke after their disagreement on Aurora's conception and existence. Even though Zaria thought it was terrible timing to have another child, she could never wish Aurora wasn't conceived. She loved her sister dearly and wouldn't wish any harm upon her.

"She look like yua, ixcipt for eyes" Wren said in broken English, her alien accent showing. She had been on Earth for six, nearly seven months, and had been working on becoming more humanlike. Zaria welcomed Wren into her apartment, teaching her everything she needed to know about Earth and it's inhabitants.

"Uh, thank you—"

"Wren," Zaria told her mother, the eldest woman nodding as she held Aurora in her arms. "Mom, when are you heading back to the lab? President Potts wants you to work with some of the brightest minds to create a forcefield to protect the Earth from the Titans until we come up with a game plan."

"Porter need yuar help Lorelei," Wren said, pausing as Aurora let out a cry.

"What is it?" Zaria asked, holding onto Wren's shoulder in concern.

"They eri here," she said, Lorelei holding Aurora closer to her as the newborn cried. Zaria rushed over to her laptop, typing frantically. Live videos from all around Europe played, all showing the same thing.

"We are under attack by the Titans!" A British man exclaimed, the camera tilting upwards to show Coeus, Crius, and Hyperion attacking England. Wren took off, flying out of Lorelei's home at top speed. Zaria turned towards her mother.

"Mom, the end has begun," Zaria whispered, eyes widened at the computer screen as she watched Wren arrive, trying to stop the Gods. "We're screwed."

SPACE, THE UNIVERSE. 2014

SITTING inside the Atlanta, Zaria stared outside the ship, watching the stars. Groot sat in front of her, Drax on her right, and Rocket flying the Atlanta. She sighed, remembering what brought her to this place, to this time. Drax glanced over at her, completely clueless to Zaria's feelings at the moment.

"So, what did these Asgardians take from you?" Rocket asked, glancing backwards at his fellow guardians.

"This blue cube called the Tesseract. It's in Odin's vault, something I can get into easily. You guys will need to stop his guards, okay?"

"I will do whatever you need Aqua," Drax said, Zaria rolling her eyes. "Now I need to take a shit." Drax stood up, heading towards the Atlanta's bathroom. Zaria scrunched up her nose before getting up, taking up the empty seat next to Rocket.

"So Rocket, after this mission, you, Drax, and Groot can take my ship back to the losers on Quill's. Once you find those two, feel free to keep my ship for yourself or sell it. It's in good condition," Zaria explained.