eight.two

TITAN

TITAN. 2017

TIME, Space, Reality. It's more than a linear path. It's a prism of endless possibility. Where one single choice can branch out into infinite realities, creating alternate worlds from the ones you know. I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities. Follow me and ponder the question What If...?

While the whole fate of many universes was riding on the shoulders of the Avengers, only one universe would have the most positive outcome. This universe isn't the one with the positive outcome. In a split-second decision, Earth's youngest and bravest hero Aurora Jenkins-Stark took an infinity stone from Thanos's gauntlet. This action would not only lead to the Avengers' victory in five years' time, but it would also lead to her death. That's what happened in one universe, but in another universe one single choice created a new outcome for three different heroes.

"Rory! What's going on?" Peter asked loudly as he used his webbing to stop his friend. Aurora spun around, her hands finding themselves resting on Peter's chest. "They need our help back there."

"I took a stone."

"What?"

"When we were trying to get the gauntlet off, I took the red stone. I don't think Thanos knows yet. I have to get out of here before he does," Aurora explained in a frantic tone. "If you can get to Strange and take his sling-ring, then we can go back to Earth and get Wanda to destroy the stone!"

"Sling-ring, got it," Peter said before swinging off, heading back to where Tony was fighting Thanos.

"Please don't die, Pete," Aurora whispered as she watched her friend swing off.

"All that for a drop of blood," Peter heard Thanos say as he swung towards Doctor Strange, trying to go unnoticed. Thanos smiled briefly and punched Tony, sending him pinwheeling, then started beating him with his fists. Tony attempted to block the blows with his forearms, but Thanos was relentless, picking him up by the helmet and blasting his midsection with the power stone. The gaps in nanite coverage were now gaping, as the armour lost the ability to recover from the intensity and extent of the damage. Tony landed hard from the powerful blast, struggling to one knee and firing his right-hand repulsor at the inexorable Thanos; the beam is easily deflected by the gauntlet.

"Sling-ring, sling-ring," Peter mumbled to himself as he stood over Strange, looking for the object Aurora briefly described. He noticed the sling-ring on Strange's waist, reaching for it.

"One chance Peter, choose your next actions wisely," Strange mumbled, slowly coming back into consciousness for a few moments.

"What?" Peter got no response as Strange slipped back into unconsciousness. The teen gripped the sling-ring tightly as he saw Tony get to both feet as his suit tried to complete repairs, adding the beam from his left hand as well. Thanos walked right up to him and backhanded the incomplete helmet completely off Tony's head. He crossed his arms to block a blow from Thanos's gauntlet and had his left hand caught over his head. In desperation, he formed what's left of his right glove into a shortsword, which is also easily caught by Thanos, snapping it off clean and driving it through Tony's left side.