Chapter 1

*Hey guys so this is the first installment of my book A Condemned Haven and it is something I'm really excited to start. If you guys see a grammar mistake feel free to point it out, I could use all the help I can get. Above is a picture that kind of reminds me of what Clarke would look like. Still looking for one for Jack. Don't forget to like and comment. Hope you enjoy!!*
\

****Also guys check out my friends new piece Injustice by @BabyLovee23 she is a great writer!

"Hey mom I just got out of the thing with the guys and I'm heading home."

"Okay be safe on your way home honey."

"Okay, love you." Brandon was going to walk home because being stuck in a car with anyone from the football team right now, was his own personal hell.

The guys had been so adamant lately and there was no way he could get out of it. He really didn't want to be with them any more than he had to. He needed to just clear his mind and think.

What they had done haunted him every second of every day. He couldn't look at them without thinking about what they had all done. It was a mistake, but Brandon was the only one who really seemed to regret it. Francis had insurance that no one would tell. Everyone was too scared to say no. He sat up every night thinking about why he just stood by and let it happen. They thought they were just having fun, but the true reality was that they were ruining someone's life.

When Francis closed that door and locked them out no one knew what to do.. What he did to that girl was not okay, but what could they have done? That night just replayed in his head over and over every day. Every time he saw Francis' face, he was disgusted, but not just by him. He saw the girl in the hall every. Why hadn't she told anyone? Why hadn't he told anyone? He hated himself simply for the fact that he was a selfish coward.

Nothing made sense anymore, and all Brandon wanted to do was tell his friend Clarke. She would never forgive him for what a disgusting human being he had become, but he needed to tell someone. Anyone. He didn't know what to do anymore; he didn't even recognize himself in the mirror, as if a stranger was staring back at him and had taken over his life. He felt so trapped in his own life that it wasn't even really living. Maybe if he could just get through the rest of high school, he could let it go and move on with his life. If the girl didn't want to say anything, then he didn't need to either, right? Right?

Raindrops falling on his head with quickening intensity pulled Brandon out of his thoughts. He was going to get soaked before he even made it home. The rain hit harder and harder until he was completely drenched. His clothes stuck to his skin, just like the guilt in his heart. His hair matted against his forehead as he tried to wipe the water out of his eyes. It was still about a half a mile from his house. He didn't want to run because that would be just running back to the life he wanted to avoid, even if it was just a little longer.

Brandon turned suddenly when he heard something scuffing against the pavement, but there was nothing to see besides the unending darkness behind him. I'm probably just being paranoid with everything that's going on, he thought. A major reality check was precisely what he needed, or maybe a good long night in an insane asylum. A little shock therapy had never hurt anyone. More scuffing on the pavement pulled him out of his thoughts and he began walking a little faster. He was a little scared. It was dark and no one was around. It was like the perfect horror movie moment. All that was missing was his varsity jacket. He kept turning around, only to see nothing once again. Something about the atmosphere was sending chills down his spine. There was something off, but the only things he could really see and hear were the darkness and rain. The last time he turned around, he felt immediate relief. It was just one of his friends.