CHAPTER 8- News.

DREW
I WAS sitting with Summer at the benches outside of Northside when my phone vibrated. I instantly checked my texts; Jessie had said that he'd text me after Vee's doctor had finished checking on his current health. I opened Jessie's profile and read the text.
Jessie: Talon just finished checking on him.
I hastily replied: What did he say?
Jessie: ...
Jessie: Drew, I'm so sorry. He said that Vee lost too much blood since the last time he saw him and was on a serious blood shortage. . . they may have to put him down if he doesn't wake up soon.
I choked up after I read the message, and Summer noticed this and hugged my shoulders gently. 'No,' I thought to myself, trying to keep the tears out of my eyes. 'He can't die.' I had tried to convince myself of this multiple times before, but I had never fully gotten it out of my head that he could die any second. One wrong move by the doctors or one milligram extra of pain medications and he could never wake up. My phone vibrated as Jessie texted me again.
Jessie: Talon doesn't want him to be in pain anymore than we do, and it would be best for him to just put him out of his misery. He said that it won't happen now, but if he doesn't wake up in a couple days. . .
Me: I understand. Thanks Jessie.
Jessie: Np. I'll text u if anything else happens.

The next text didn't come for two days.