Part 12: For Eternity

She slowly began to wake up, feeling the vibrations of something in the ship. As she stood up with a yawn to look for Loki, another hit was made, this time hard enough to knock (YN) out of bed. She fell to the floor with a yelp, then jumped up to look around the room. "What the fu-" another hit, this time closer to her room. (YN) scrambled to her feet to get dressed, then quickly ran out of the room. 

As she made her way closer to the main area of the ship, she heard the sound of the last of the Asgardians dying; a body fell to the floor in front of the entrance she was at. She was about to scream, but quickly covered her mouth and ducked down behind the wall. She looked past as quietly as she could, and saw four figures surrounding Loki, and a large purple man holding Thor by the head. "The Tesseract, or your brother's head," He said, then held up a golden gantlet to Thor's head. "Do as you wish," Loki said to him, "I don't care." With that, the alien began to push a stone into Thor's head. Thor yelled out in pain, until Loki finally gave in and yelled, "Alright, stop!" There was a long, drawn out silence, as Loki held up his hand to reveal the tesseract. He walked up to this large being, about to hand him the stone when he told him, ". . . we have a hulk."

From what seemed like nowhere, the hulk appeared at tackled the alien to the ground. Loki took his chance to grab Thor and pull him out of the way. With that opening, (YN) ran over to Loki, but he turned to her and yelled, "NO! Stay back (YN)!" 

She stopped in her tracks, but in doing so, another being knocked an attack into her. (YN) fought back and used her power to push the alien away, but the purple one, after defeating the hulk, stopped her mid attack.  "That is," he began, "A truly remarkable ability. It's a shame that you have to waste it on helping these. . . sacrifices," he said to her. (YN), Thor and Loki stood in shock as they watched this being use a purple stone to stop her attack, then swing at her and knock her to the ground by Hulk. "(YN)!" Loki yelled, by then, Thor had run up to this being and hit him in the back of the head with a large bit of metal. The being knocked Thor back, and another alien used his ability to keep Thor locked up and pinned down.

Loki watched, quietly in fear. He knew how this would end, but he didn't want to see it happen to (YN) nor did her want her to see his fate, as he knew it would come.  Loki shot a look to Heimdall, as he knew they had the same idea then. He gave him a small nod, then said to her, "(YN), this is not your fight. Should we be separated in body, know that we shall remain together for eternity." 

(YN) looked distraught. She knew what he was doing, but as she shouted his name she was thrown into the bifrost with Hulk, and immediately rushed back to earth. 

Back in New York City, (YN) woke up on a couch in the home of Doctor Strange, the same place where her journey began. She had an ice rag on her head and another on her arm. She was in a daze, but she could faintly hear the voices of Tony, Banner, and Strange all talking in the room nearest to her. "LOKI!" she yelled as she jumped up from the couch, remembering Loki was left in space with the others. 

"Woah, woah, woah," Stark said as he ran over to her. "Easy there kiddo, you just had one hell of a landing-"

"Where's Loki? Or Thor? I have to get back to them," she said, and tried to stand but the massive headache in her head wouldn't allow her to. She sat back down with a hand over her head as she tried to think, but the pain was growing to be too much. "Loki and Thor are still on the ship," Bruce said as he walked over to them.

"Ok so, back up a little bit here, what is a Thanos?" Strange asked as he joined the others and went to check on her. "Thanos!" Bruce said, clearly distraught. "He is this huge alien that believes he is the savior of the universe, and he is coming. He already has two of the stones, and he knows that there are two on Earth," He tried to explain. (YN) slowly sat up and took a sip of the water that Tony gave her. He looked back at Bruce and said, "yea, hold that thought." Tony then walked over to the front door where he heard commotion coming from outside. As he looked around outside, he saw a large alien like ship approaching, and with it, a few aliens to fight. "Ah great," he mumbled.