Volleyball Game

Chapter #6:

Hye Su' POV:

I woke up at 5:00 for a morning jog to warm up for todays volleyball tournament.

After the run I took a hot shower then got dressed and made my way downstairs to pack my lunch halamoni prepared for me last night. Since I had to leave early for another warm up at school.

I left a note on the fridge for halamoni and halapoji to come watch my game if they can. I didn't want to force them, but it would be nice if they could come.

I arrived at school and met up with the coach and team.

We all got into our jerseys which had our surnames on it. I take halapoji's surname 'Kang', because I was basically adopted and raised by them.

We sat down in front of coach as she announced what school we are going against.

"The school you'll be versing today is Ingan Ui Neukdae Academy"

The school that was labelled the highest education school in Korea.

"Coach. Are they new to the tournament? I haven't heard of them before" our team captain asked.

"Yes they are, they didn't participate in the previous years due to not enough players"

I practiced over arm serves so that my serves could be more accurate during the game.

It hit 10:00am and the team finally arrived.

A tall lady walked in leading 9 other girls with two boys holding water bottles.

Im guessing that was their coach and thats the team behind her and the two boys in the back are the water boys ahahaha. They look too easy.

I laughed out of the blue which made them all look at me. I gave them a smirk and walked off, I just couldn't wait to kick their butts.

As I walked off coached called me over ruining my act.

"Aish" I scratched my head walking over to her.

"What was that? Why were you laughing? Did they do something so funny that it made you laugh?" coached yelled at me sarcastically.

"No" I replied with a smirk.

"Do you want to sit out for this round?"

"What! No! The team needs me. You's will lose if I don't play" I jumped back at her.

"Well there's always next year isn't there. If you don't start acting right you'll be kicked off the team"

I walked out the locker room really pissed off.

I went to grab another volleyball until someone barged me in the shoulder. I turned around to see the b*tch again.

"Hello Hye Su. Long time no see" Bong Cha whispered in my ear.

I held onto my fist so that I wouldn't punch her in the face.

"Ha. Good Luck on the win. Trader"

Beeeeeeeeepppppppp!

The horn went off to start our game. It was our serve first. The server served the ball over the net as the other team did vice versa.

I have to admit, their team was really professional for a first time. But that didn't stop me from beating them.

It was the last set out of 3. One set to them and one to us.

The points were 24 all.

And their serve. The ball came to me as I set it back to the centre setter.

"Set! Set! Set!" I yelled out to her.

I jumped up three feet off the ground and spiked the ball straight at Bong Cha's face.

Beeeeeeepppppppp!

The horn went off.

"Yyyyyeeeeeaaaaaahhhh" we all jumped with joy and spilt powerade on our coach.

I saw Bong Cha still on the floor. So I went over and gave her a hand.

"Good game Bong Cha" I laughed in her face because I could see a red mark on her forehead the size of the volleyball.

"Don't touch me! You won't get away with this" she pushed my hand away.

She got up herself and walked to her loser team ahahaha.

Someone called out my name. Halapoji and Halamoni came. I ran to them and

gave them a hug.

"Congratulations on winning" halapoji hi-fived me.

"Did you see me halamoni? Did you?"

"Yeah I saw you jumping high, speeding to the other side of the court and strength you put into hitting the ball" coach said surprised.