1. Did you say what I think you said?

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 1

Audrey’s POV

“NO!” I screamed “Put me down!” But I was laughing too much to be stern. Jordan had me slung across his shoulder. He was laughing as well but he didn’t put me down as he jogged to the dining room. It was his sister/my best friend Alex’s birthday. I was going to sleep in. Was. But apparently Jordan had other plans.

            Alex is a year older than Jordan. Making her 24. She’s in college and comes here to stay with us on the weekends in Jordan’s, can you believe it, mansion. He was only 20 when he brought me in. Now making him 23 and me 18. (I’m a senior now! Yay!) Her boyfriend Liam comes most weekends.

            I was kicking and screaming but Jordan wasn’t allowing that! He growled a playful growl, which sounds oddly animal-like, and held me tighter so I couldn’t escape. I gave up and he chuckled. I let the oaf carry me downstairs and set me down. He kissed the top of my head and said, “Good morning ‘sis’” oh sis. I laughed. See since we’re practically brother and sister his nickname for me is ‘sis.’ And I call him JJ sometimes. He’s fine with either way. Once just as a joke Alex called him JJ and he glared at her! It was funny. It’s like he was saying, ‘that’s our thing.’ So funny.

            “Morning JJ.” He smiled and led me to the dining room where Alex and Liam were sitting. See I asked them if they’d invite their parents since I know Alex misses them. But Jordan was against it. There’s tension in that relationship. But I can’t force him, after all I haven’t spoken to mine in almost three years. The three-year anniversary of my moving in will be in a few weeks. Yay!

            I’d also been home schooled for the rest of sophomore and for junior year. And school won’t start for another week or so. Summer where have you gone?! I wasn’t ready to face everyone. I’m not sure when I will. I sighed in my head. I didn’t want to damper Alex’s birthday by bringing it up though.

            We were eating m n’ m pancakes with bacon and eggs and I was enjoying it. A lot. Not as much as the rest of them though. Their appetite is twice the size of mine. Even Alex. And it’s saying a lot considering I can eat four slices of pizza in one sitting. Whereas they usually each need their own pizza and a two sodas. Not the most appealing sight, but I’m used to it. And he’s pretty much loaded so if we go out to dinner or something they don’t complain. Money is money in their eyes. And the rent I insist on paying? Yeah, we stopped that because he’d end up using it on me. Like clothes or a nice necklace. Jordan’s so sweet, but he loves to spend money and give it away to his friends. Or family. But by family, well he only considers Alex and I family. Shocking huh? The high school girl he just happened to stumble across is now considered his family. His sister.

            He’s my brother. My protector. My provider. My best friend.

            He’s all of these things and I couldn’t be happier. He’s the best at all of it and I wouldn’t have asked for anyone better. But then he also gave me everything. And I mean anything. He even bought me a car! A very nice one I might add. I didn’t want to accept such an extravagant gift but he wouldn’t take no for an answer.

            I’ve learned to accept things from him because as always, he won’t take no for an answer. But behind his back I donate stuff to goodwill and sell it on Ebay. He’ll never know. I smirked evilly at my thoughts.