25. Forgive Me

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 25— Forgive Me

Audrey’s POV

“Ahh. Penny. I’ve been looking for you, my dear.” I had to resist the urge to throw up when he spoke about me as if he cared. Then refrain from punching his pathetic face in when he hugged me. After a moment—though it was one moment too long—he released me.

Forgive me. I prayed silently to my mates.

I put on a seductive face and bit my lip. I walked toward the Alpha slowly, swaying my hips a bit more than necessary. I could see his eyes darkening. When I reached him I wrapped my arms around his neck and his went around my waist.

This feels so wrong. I thought disgusted.

Tell me about it. Peyak agreed with a huff.

I tried to imagine the Alpha as Tyler. Key word being ‘tried.’ It was as if I imagined him as Tyler one second but Jordan the next. Back and forth, back and forth. A never ending battle of the mind and heart.

“Forgive me Alpha, but I feel this is a tad too fast.” I easily stepped out of his grasp, finally able to breathe. I didn’t like the way his dirty blood smelt. I had been much to close to him for comfort and couldn’t help but hold my breath.

Was that really how I smelt to people in packs?

I sure hope not.

“I’m sorry, Love. I’m just excited. I finally have a mate again.” He wore a small smile and I tried to smile back. I wanted to feel bad for him. He was blind to a mate who cheated on him though he loved her, just to have her killed.

I couldn’t though.

This man causes havoc and violence. Let’s not forget how he treated me that first day, holding me up by my hair and whipping me for disobedience. He was cruel and sadistic.

“I’m so sorry. I do not even know your name, though you know mine.” I said

“My name is Drakon, but of course my campers know me as Alpha Pass.” Hmm. Drakon. Evil name for an evil man. Honestly though? Drakon Pass? What were his parents thinking? What kind of a name is that?

“That’s hot.” I blurted out. I was lying through my teeth but I threw my hands up to my mouth with exaggeratedly widened eyes to make it seem like it was not my intention to say that.

He smirked. “Thank you.”

“Um, you’re welcome Sir.” I would never show respect to him but this is just how I needed to act. Submissively.

He waved his hand.

“Now, now. No formalities for you, my Sweet.” Perfect. Sounds like I got him right where I want him.

“Okay then, um, Drakon?” I was careful to act nervous as I spoke.

“Yes, Sweet?” He dragged his eyes away from my chest to look at my face. Ew.

“How old are you?” I asked

“Thirty-one.” Oh, so not only is he a pervert, he’s a really old pervert.

“How come you wanted me for a mate?” I asked raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms.

“You are a beautiful girl Penny. You would be a strong Alpha Female and I want you as my Luna.” I rolled my eyes.