28. Qui Vivificat

Ugh, I SERIOUSLY do not like the way that this came out! It sounds choppy and unexplained. Shoot me now. *pow* ughhhh, SORRY for chaper's suckishness, ESPECIALLY Tyler's POV :$

            28. Qui Vivificat          

            Tyler’s POV

I honestly just felt like tearing my hair out at this point. I could just feel that Audrey and I were growing apart. I don’t even know why! God, I’m such a horrid mate! What were the Fates thinking pairing a failure like me up with utter perfection?

I barely saw her while she was here and when she wasn’t, I know I wasn’t missing her nearly as much as I should’ve. The separation anguish should’ve hit me as soon as I realized she was gone the first time she disappeared. But no, being the terrible mate I am I didn’t feel anything close to an appropriate amount for months. Sure, I was sad, I was angry, I was frustrated and worried. All that jazz, but even that egghead Alpha she lives with was feeling more pain or grief than I was.

Why did I ever let her go? I drove her into another man’s arms, heck, another man’s house! I should’ve gone after her. Pushing her away the way I did was never my intention but being the insensitive jerk I am, I led her to believe things I didn’t really feel and then when she ran off, expected her to come crawling back to me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she rejected me. I certainly deserve it. Besides, plenty of guys would fall at her feet once they knew she was available. She’s every man’s dream, she’s perfect.

Jordan’s POV

“Well, um. I may have made Drakon believe I would be his Luna. Goddess, it was hard. He’s revolting! Being in his mere presence made my skin crawl. But when he trusted me, he practically handed all the information over. I waited until Julian created the distraction and made Drakon leave. See, Julian made wolves get into this huge argument miles away. On the complete opposite side of the territory. I ran to the file cabinets, built the fire, and burnt every last page.”

I pulled the car over. Audrey looked at me confused when I got out. I flung the passenger door open and engulfed Audrey into a hug after pulling her out. I was laughing happily and spun her around in a circle. I placed her on the ground and buried my face in her neck.

 “What was that for?” She asked

I sighed contently and pulled my face back to look at her. Leaning my forehead against hers I whispered, “How did I get so lucky to get you as a mate?”

“Huh?”

“Rey, you’re clever, kind-hearted, intelligent, courageous, and caring. You’re everything I could’ve asked for and more.” I paused hesitantly. What I want to ask of her could ruin everything I’ve worked for. “Audrey, I have to tell you something and I want you to be completely honest with me, with no bullsh*t excuses.”

She nodded slowly

 “Audrey, I want to be your mate.” She started to pull away, I freaked out. “No, no, Audrey. Audrey please! Hear me out at least! I’m not demanding a decision right now, am I?” I pleaded as she breathed deeply.

“Jordan, let me go.” I painstakingly released her as the others arrived.

“What’s the hold up?” Julian asked. Marco got out of the driver’s seat while the girls clambered awkwardly out of the back.