17. Determination and Introductions

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 17

Tyler’s POV

I drove in deep thought.

Where could she be?

Was she kidnapped? If so, is she trying to escape?

Is she hurt?

Was she thinking about me?

Does she miss me? I miss her. It’s like she took my heart with her. No, she took my whole being with her. Suddenly a voice broke through my tense thought bubble.

“Do you think he’ll ever find me?” I looked at Grace.

“Who Grace?” I asked my head cocking to the side a bit. Who was she rambling about? Who’s lost? Well, a male. She said he. More specifically, who lost her? Do you think he’ll ever find me?

“My mate.” She whispered her cheeks flaming up in a blush. I parked in the driveway. I pulled the key and pushed it in my pocket.

“I don’t know.” I whispered. I didn’t know how to answer. I can’t promise her that she’ll find him at all. She may never find him. “But whoever he is, he’s a very lucky guy.” I told her honestly. She was my best friend; I have no feelings for her in that way whatsoever. Audrey is my forever. Until the day she rejects me I would never stop fighting for her. All I want is for her to be happy. If I can’t find her, eventually I may reject her. Just so she can move on with another rather than have the pull of a mate she isn’t even in contact with anymore. No matter how much it may pain me to do so. I just want her to be happy. That day will not be anytime soon though.

Whoever has Grace for a mate though will be one lucky guy. She’s a great catch. She’s kind, understanding, independent, courageous, smart, determined, and I won’t deny this, but she is quite the looker. Now that she’s out of those clothes that left little to the imagination, she looks beautiful. Her face isn’t caked in make-up, her clothes are comfortable but stylish, and she looks like the Grace we know and love. Her hair frames her face and her features are flawless. I guess having good looks is a common trait in werewolves, but still.

Don’t get me wrong! I love Audrey and have no feelings for Grace, but she is my best friend. She was there for me in the toughest parts of my life and through all that drama, she’s still here. The thought made me smile.

“What are you so happy about?” she asked. I winked playfully

“Nothin’” she laughed at me and just as playfully, bumped into me with her shoulder. She just so much shorter than me that it hit my side rather that being shoulder-to-shoulder. It was funny though. I stand 6’4 and I’m okay with that. I’m not tall to a lot of people, but to Audrey and Grace, I may as well be a giant.

All of a sudden my face ran into something and I fell backwards. I had a bloody nose. Luckily, as a werewolf I heal faster than humans and it will stop in a few seconds. I wiped the nearly dry blood with my sleeve—thank the goddess I chose a long-sleeve black shirt today—and took Grace’s outstretched hand.

“Sorry. Should have warned you about that.” I’ve never been inside the house before. I’ve been outside to pick up Grace once. The rest of the time they came to our pack house.

“Would’ve been helpful” I mumbled. She whipped out her phone. “What are you doing?” I asked looking over her shoulder.

“Calling Jordan.” I stayed quiet “Hey. Uh, we’re outside.” She said through the microphone.