15. ATTACK!

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 15—ATTACK!

Jordan’s POV

I hit the punching bag and a hole ripped in it. I punched repeatedly letting my anger and frustration out. It’s been a month since Audrey disappeared and it’s killing me inside. I look like the living dead and have deep, purplish bags under my eyes. I haven’t even spoken my dad since the day he confronted me about it on day three. Oh yes, it took less than three days for her disappearance to take it’s toll on my health and one of those days I hadn’t even know her missing. I told him to mind his own business but being the Alpha he is, he didn’t stand for it. The bruises had healed within a day. After that though I threw myself into work. Searching for my mate.

Tyler has been just as bad as before. Stopped going to school, turned into what he was when he thought she was dead. I know she isn’t dead. I would have felt it even if our bond is hardly there. Hers and Tyler’s is closer considering their past and the kiss they had her first day. It sickens me. I feel the same way he does at the moment, but he hasn’t even searched. He started out helping, but a couple of days ago, he lost hope. He faded away and hasn’t come here since.

He was furious to find out she lived here. He demanded she move out, but Grace put some sense into him before I could try. He’s convinced its safe. For now. As long as no funny business goes on. He doesn’t know we’re mates, but he’s possessive of her. As am I. I just have more practice in hiding it than he does.

Audrey’s birthday is tomorrow. She’s going to spend it away from here. I really wanted to tell her on her birthday. I’d had it planned out and everything. Explaining how we’re mates and confessing my feelings for her.

I only wish I knew where she ran too! We even considered calling her parents and asking about family they may have elsewhere but decided against it. We don’t need more people knowing about werewolves knowing than necessary. We could just tell her she’s missing but it could lead to questions that we can’t answer.

She may have even been kidnapped! Kitchi growled at me.

Man up already human!

Oh please. Save me the drama. He whined at me. Kitchi please, I really do not want to hear it.

I want Audrey back!

Well so do I!

She’s my mate! I have to find her! This wolf’s off his rocker.

She’s mine too! Or haven’t you noticed! I snapped. I felt him shrink back at the coldness in my tone. He’s been much weaker without Audrey here. Not knowing what condition she’s in isn’t helping. She could be hurt. Kitchi’s beating himself up more than me, and that’s a lot.

Mate. He whispered

Kitchi I pleaded I’m sorry. I heard him whimper like the pup he once was.

I miss Audrey… he faded like the wind. He was hiding from me now. Now I felt bad; I hurt my wolf’s feelings. Jeez. What’s wrong with me? Snapping at my other half. “Me too.” I whispered out loud. I took off my gloves and went to the pack house kitchen.  I’ve been staying here lately. My mansion feels so empty, so lonely. The pack house however was always busy and buzzing with many people coming and going.

Overall this had not been a good month. The council meetings have all been busts. No help from them whatsoever. Just more rogue sightings and pointless warnings about the prophecy.