2. Back To School

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 2

Jordan’s POV

I feel bad about sending Audrey to school against her will. But she’ll be happier with a life outside of this house. As much as my heart tears when she leaves, but it’s for her own good. I love her. I do. I am very much in love with my little mate. Much, much more than she realizes. I’ll tell her one day. I will. I have to. No. I want to. The only question now is…when? I have to ease her into it. First I'll have to ease her into understanding the world of werewolves. That is if she doesn't run off first... Then tell her about mating, and how she's mine. Just like I'm hers. Alway have been, always will be. The final steps would be claiming her and finally mating. I shivered.

             Its been said that mating is a highly pleasurable experience. I believe them. But if I can't have it—in time of course—I might die. But if I—I mean, we do, would she feel the same? She's human after all.

            I though about possibilities as I trudged up the stairs to Audrey’s room. She’s still sleeping and it’s her first day. Best not be late. I knocked. There was no answer. “Rey?” I called. Again, no answer. I twisted the handle and there she was, sleeping beauty herself. I sighed.

            She’s so beautiful when she’s sleeping. Innocent and peaceful. Far from the bubble of energy I know. But I love that bubble of energy. I’ve never let her drink red bull for a reason. I chuckled at my thoughts and she stirred in her slumber.

            Again I sighed. Her hand moved across the bed towards me. As if searching for me. I sat and took her hand in mine.

            Well for werewolves, the temptation af mates is so high, it's rare that someone can resist it. Their body responds to that person like no one else, and their mind...forget about it. That's entirely lost. Their wolf takes over, making it nearly impossible. Entirely impossible to those who don't resist it. Although most welcome the feelings with open arms. Finding your mate is a wonderful thing. Only about 30% of the wolf population does find them. Alex, Liam, and I just got lucky. Most mate with others who weren't even truely theirs because it's a fact of life. Most do not find their mates. And when you turn 25, a very respected and important age in the werewolf world, you're expected to give up your search and mate. Especially those with alpha, beta, or other important positions in their family. When passed down, that person must be mated. If not, it can be given to another family.

           As for humans, their bodies will respond, but only after the affection I mentioned earlier. Before then, it's almost extinct except a very tiny pull you feel to them. But after the affection, BAM! Your bond will begin to form. As for the mind, that's a different story. They don't have wolves that control their senses tehy way we do. So they must be won over purely by courtship or something of that nature. It isn't the Fates desicion there, it's something the wolves must work for. So when I decide to tell Audrey the truth, I must win her over by myself. No help from her inner wolf.

          There's only one line of 'humans' known to cross that barrier. The family line goes way back, and they've all had mates who have to win them over, but the mates had some help. Just not the help you'd really expect, or want. It involves evil and death. Not between the two, but a sacrafice of another. The family is well known, but the most recent descendant is lost, nowhere to be found. Once the last finished her quest and married her mate, they had a child. But after that, it's been unrecorded.