//Seven

Minjoo Pov

Walking my way back to home I passed by Chaewon's house. I moved house already since she left and so I could look towards her mom while she's absent. "Maybe I should stop by to mom for a while." this day didn't do that much, except that morning coffee. 

Nevermind, they're probably at home already having fun in every seconds, feeling the presence of each. Don't want to ruin anything or to be in a spotlight for the night, I should just go home. Never thought she'll find a girlfriend once she comes back, it really got me surprised-- I wonder if mom knows it as well.

I had enough.

I'll just let her be in where she's happy.

Straightly making my way to my house I heard the door slowly creak. "Minjoo?" by just the voice I already recognized who was it already even without looking up to her. "What are you doing here outside?"

Look at her having a casual conversation with me, this kinda annoys me a little when I'm not supposed to feel this way. Since when did I felt this way? This is bad I should get rid of it as quick as possible.

"I just passed by." I reasoned and faked a smile even it's not that visible at this dark.

She simply nodded, and in a second it was silent until she decided to talk again. "Why don't you come in?" 

"Why should I?"

Oh wow I sound rude, did I overdid it? or was it just right? I'm confused, I don't know , just whenever I'm in front of her I would always have these overflowing words spilling out one by one without my conscious and it's bugging me off.

"I mean, I'll go straight home its already dark. Thanks anyways."

"Have a nice night." waving a hand as I leave the place I can barely feel sweats rolling down faster than my feet taking its steps away. Did I just refuse her?

Chaewon Pov

She changed or it's just me not getting used to her like this, I wasn't expect such replied from her a while back-- it caught me off guard for real. Was this all Yena's teaching? or the effect of what I did to her? Why are there so many question this is irritating.

"Who were just talking to?" Yujin popped out of nowhere and asked, holding a glass of milk giving it to me. 

At this age I still drink milk and that's actually my secret with Minjoo. But since I got separated from her and I won't have anyone to make me one I initially told the puppy about it. "A friend."

"I see, let's eat already."

She never denied or rejected me since we were in high school, just how could she-- right now  I'm still puzzled on what happened, it was really unexpected.

"Chaewon, make sure you enjoy your remaining days here okay?" mom reminded me while we share the same table eating for our dinner. I really wanted to spend time alone with her, but Yujin kept on sticking with me and of course I have no choice.

Smiling shortly before I take a food inside I answered. "I will."

It didn't took us long to finish our meal, fixing everything, cleaning the kitchen and making sure all is in place before they went back to their respective rooms. Bidding goodnight to each other it's not that stressing despite all the happenings.

Excitingly Yujin jumped to the bed and bounced on the mattress for several times, I can feel her being hyper by just watching her wreck my bed. "Yena said shell manage our plans for the week." she stopped as soon as she caught my eyes glaring at her. She's not that hard to control afterall. "I'm excited."

"Sounds dangerous." I mumbled and threw a pillow right in front of her face, by with that she already knows what I mean. She slowly crawled down and got her blanket wrapped around her as she lie on the floor.

"That makes me more excited." she kept on rolling like a burrito, she's so noisy I swear to god I would cast her out for free. "Chaewon.." and by like that the mood sudden got down to earth, that was fast. "Is Minjoo the girl you were saying to me?"

"Why'd you ask?" 

"Nothing." she stared at the ceiling, not sparing an eye to me. How can she go on serious mode in a matter of second. "I just find it amusing how you two aren't talking when you the two of you used to be best friends."

"We're not best friends." I clarified and went under the thick sheet to warm myself up. Or I just don't have the guts to deny everything I had with Minjoo in front of her.

I can feel the weight on the side of my bed. "What then?" she's really curious should I just go and tell her directly so she'll stop and leave me some peace for life?

"We're--"

"I hate the fact that I met you, that I knew about your existence and I fell for you."

"Just friends."

Sighing deeply, I gently closed my eyes. Can I like stop myself from remembering those things even for a day? Where do I turn off the switch for remembrance of words from her? There's no such day for me not to have throwbacks like this, and it's getting into me. I'm trying to forget, at least.

"I'm going to sleep, tomorrow will be a long day."

"Goodnight."