11

Time jump 2 weeks

Jackie POV

My phone starts ringing waking me out my sleep. I look at the caller ID and see A'Leon Kendricks. There was no way that this was actually happening. I watch the phone ring another 3 times until it hangs up. Why is Leon calling 13 years later? How did he even get my number? What's his motive? I shake him out if my mind as much as I can. The time was 10 in the morning. I walk to Brandi's room and wake her up. "Honey I'm about to cook breakfast" I tell her. "Ok thx mom" she responds.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Brandi POV

Melo FaceTimes me like usual when he wakes up.

Melo: morning Bae.

Brandi: goodmorning baby. You got a game today right?

Melo: was supposed to but the other team backed out.

Brandi: oh wow that's messed up.

Melo: yeah straight hoe shit. But it's whatever? What you got up for the day?

Brandi: really nothing. I might just stay in today. No plans for me.

Melo: oh ok.

Brandi: I miss you

Melo: miss you too. You don't know how hard it is.

Brandi: how hard what is?

Melo: not being able to have sex. Like the hand not cutting it bro.

Brandi: (Laughs) awwww Melo I feel bad.

Melo: it's just making it worse for when I come back.

Brandi: what you mean?

Melo: oh you catching this work fa sho.

Brandi: mmm ok.

"Brandi breakfast is ready" my mom comes in and tells me. "Heyy ma" Melo says to her. "Hey Melo" she says back. I get up and put on my robe and walk to the kitchen for breakfast.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•

Kaí POV

Jordan and I have been talking back and forth for the last couple of days. I felt like we could get past our old drama, and I could forgive him for his actions. Today he invited me over to his condo for a date night.

When I walk up to the door he answers it smiling from ear to ear. "Hey sexy" he says pulling me in for a hug. His place smelled delicious. From the food to the scented candles. "You did all this" I ask and he licks his lips and shake his head. He brings me inside and sits me down at the table. Jordan runs to the kitchen and comes back with a bag of bdubs. I Couldn't help but laugh, before we would always go to bdubs when we were together. "This is so cute Jordan" I tell him. "Anything for you" he says back. We start eating our food and enjoy our night.

                        •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Brandi POV

My mom left and Dip and I were all alone. I put on my shoes and get ready to make my way to the gym.
Before I leave out I make sure Dip has water and food. While I'm pouring his food someone knocks on the door. When I answer it there's a man standing looking me in my eyes. I couldn't believe who it was, this was the man from my baby pictures. My father after leaving 13 years ago was at my door step. I panic and close the door in his face and lock it. "Brandi please open the door" he says. I just sit on the floor, a tear falls from my eyes. "Brandi I just want to talk please" he says again. I couldn't find the breathe to say anything back. After then he leaves and I go into the living room and sit on the couch crying. Dip comes over and sits with me and comforts me until I fall asleep.

After about an hour or two later my mom is waking me up. "What's wrong baby" she asks me. She could I had sheen crying.

Brandi: Leon showed up here mom.

Jackie: Leon as in your father?

Brandi: yeah, he came by saying he wanted to talk and I just shut the door in his face I had no idea what to do.

Jackie: no baby you did what was right. He shouldn't just think it's ok to pop up after being gone 13 years.

Brandi: mom I don't know how to feel.

Jackie: you're free to feel whatever honey.

Brandi: I just don't know I'm stuck.

Jackie: it's alright B, it would be crazy if you had all the answers. You don't and that's ok. Here let's just put this situation on hold and we can talk about it when you're ready. Until then, I got some stuff in the fridge to make tacos.?.?.?

Brandi: you're right mom. And tacos do sound good right about now. (Laughs)

Jackie: that's my girl come on Dip we're making tacos!!!

Later on that night

I just got out the shower and get in bed so I can lay down. I grab my phone and FaceTime my baby.

Melo: hello.

Brandi: hey baby was you sleep?

Melo: yeah but I'll get up for you. Wassup?

Brandi: nothing.

Melo: B wassup?

Brandi: I ummm....... I seen my dad today.

Melo: in person or like IG?

Brandi: in person, he came by and tried to talk to me. I panicked and shut the door in his face.

Melo: you don't wanna talk to him?

Brandi: I'm not sure Melo. I do but I'm just hurt that he waited 13 years.

Melo: ion know I just say do what you feel is right.

Brandi: I don't know what's right.

Melo: think about Bae you got time.

Brandi: yeah.

Melo: yeah stop looking all sad you to sexy for that.

Brandi: there you go making me blush.

Melo: I'm just speaking facts.

Brandi: ok ok. (Laughs)

The rest of the night Melo and I talk until we fall asleep on FaceTime together like usual.

Please feel free to commen😁 also this is Brandi's dad 👇🏾