Part 7

Nora: Suit repairs complete.

"Double check everything while I get suited up."

Everything felt normal as I moved around fully geared.

Nora: Systems normal.

I was finishing up shooting my rifle to make sure it didn't affect anything.

"Give me the location of Harry."

Nora: Found him.

I aimed the rifle following the ping from Nora.

Nora: Orthrus, may I ask what you are doing?

"Shooting him."

Nora: Understood, I recommend we switch to a higher caliber.

"I'll wait until he's by the window."

Alibi came walking up to me with a concerning smile.

Alibi: What you doing?

"Shooting Harry."

Alibi: You have a weird sense of humor...that wasn't a joke right?

"Why would I make a joke?"

Alibi: You can't shoot him.

"That's why I'm waiting for him to walk by the window."

Alibi: How about we do something else?

"I'm fine doing this."

Nora: Target approaching.

I waited patiently as he approached.

Nora: Ten meters.

I saw him appear in the window. Before I fired the bullet a message appeared on my HUD.

Nora: Message from Mathis.

"Sir?'

Mathis: Orthrus, just act normal. I'm going to send Rainbow a lead on a mission along with Cobalt. I want you two to look for a supply crate for me and mark it for pick up.

"Understood. Why Cobalt sir?"

Mathis: It's in a bad part of Africa and you'll need the backup. Asher and Sharp are on separate missions doing similar jobs.

Alibi: Orthrus, who are you talking to?

I slung the rifle back then walked past her. Inside the food area, I stood in the corner waiting for the call. People did the usual chatting until the people with rivalries began to fight.

Harry: Still not socializing among the others?

"I'm not one of them."

Harry: You were picked to be here like them. Though it sometimes doesn't look like it they are teammates and will watch each other out there.

We looked at Fuze being held down as he tries to activate his cluster charge.

"I don't need a team, I've learned to do things myself."

Harry: Just remember, talent only wins games, teams with championships.

Harry: Operators Lion, Finka, Valkyrie, and... Orthrus report for briefing. I want you to think about that.

He patted my shoulder before leaving the room.

"Showtime."

I will admit I was a bit excited to be going on this mission. It's been too long since I got a mission from Mathis.

Lion: Someone seems happy to be in a country where everyone kills each other.

Finka: It's an improvement from his usual self.