Part 12

For once I was the one sitting down as they other got ready for a mission.

Alibi: Stop looking like that.

"I should be out there, not here."

Alibi: Well don't play in phosphorus next time.

She grabbed her beret then sat on my lap placing her arms around my neck.

Alibi: Hey, now you get to see what it's like for me.

She kissed me and I made my best attempt to kiss her back.

Alibi: I love you Y/n. Even if you have to ask Nora what I mean. I should be back in a few days.

She walked out. I sat alone, I should be used to it but I have this weird feeling. Nora might have answers for me.

Echo: Hey there buddy.

"She can't be transferred to a robot."

Echo: Okay, great talk.

He seems to always be waiting at my door with some idea he probably saw from his shoes.

Nora: Hello Orthrus, I have discussed what has happened with the others. Unfortunately they don't know as well.

"I don't want that to happen again."

Days pasted and I have rearranged everything and clean all my weapons. I just did crunches as I waited for Alibi.

Nora: Orthrus, I might know a way to improve your likeness towards Alibi. We could find her a gift to welcome her back with.

"What do we need for this welcome back gift?"

Nora: Sending.

"Seems easy."

Someone around here should have it. I walked around stopping at IQ's place. She told me it was romantic but I should check with Ying or Hibana.

Hibana: Well I certainly didn't think you'll ever talk to me. I can help you out.

She walked in, I just looked around inside noticing a bow. She walked back with what I needed.

Hibana: This is a favorite of mine, my parents send me them all the time.

I took the cherry blossom flower from her but looked back at her.

"If you need someone killed, I'll be there."

Hibana: Thanks?

People were running out as a helicopter began to land. Ela and Vigil were the first to get out but they quickly turned around pulling out Kapkan. She looked at me with fear as I stood waiting. Doc ran out with Lion and Finka pushing a stretcher.

Ela: Hey, how about we...

I saw Alibi being loaded on the stretcher and Doc putting a tube in her. Upon a closer look I saw the bruises and bloody head.

Doc: We need to get moving.

They ran off as I held the flower in one hand and my other hands was in a tight fist. I walked to the room watching them. She was clearly caught in a blast but she had bruises around her neck. I walked away, Ela ran around the corner.

Ela: Oh...

She didn't stop me as I pushed her aside. Harry seems to be waiting for me in his office.

Harry: Orthrus I...

"What happened?"

Harry: A mission failure with one success. She stopped the Masks from moving more phosphorus. I just hope...