Introduction / Character List

Welcome, welcome, welcome all to this very special 6th and final book in the Chosen Warrior series!!!!! Why is it special? Because it took me three years and a concerned but determined fan to even start thinking of writing it!

At the end of Starry Waters, I still had plans to continue the series. In fact, I was planning on writing a "super edition" titled Whitesnake's Redemption, telling the tale of how he and his sister go out in search of their lost mother, Swiftclaw. And then I started thinking. Looking back on my Chosen Warrior series, I was not happy with it. Of course, it will forever hold a special place in my heart, as Out of the Dark was the first chaptered book I completed (and boy was I proud of myself) and the series shows my improvement in writing and grammar.

However, what was really starting to bother me was that the plot was so inconsistent and all over the place, with OCs randomly coming out of nowhere to fit in with the canon characters I used, that I had decided to start the series all over again, creating all new characters for all the Clans, showing Leaf's life before she's a warrior, having proper familial bonds and friendships. To have everything connect with each other, whereas in this old series I simply thought of a cool scene and forced it to fit in as best as I could.

So I went ahead with that series revision, outlining the entire first book in length before actually writing it. It's currently published now (though it may not be completed yet depending on when you are reading this) and titled Rising Sun. I named it that partially because it signifies a new start to the Chosen Warrior series. But in the first author's note of that, on the very first part of the book, the loyal NovaGrayVanElders voiced their concern in the comments, asking if I could continue with both series. At first I was entirely set on my answer of "no", but after some more thinking, I grew excited about the idea of actually finishing what 12-year-old me had started. (One thing's for certain though - there will not be a sequel series/arc to this Chosen Warrior series. As for the newer series, I do have something in mind if I still want to write Warriors fanfics after the main series is done.)

Therefore, if you're excited/relieved/shocked/whatever about this unexpected 6th book, go thank Nova and give them a follow!!

Now, before the story begins, a reminder that in this book, I will be using the canon characters listed in the allegiances in The Power of Three: Long Shadows. The events that take place in that book do not take place in this one. The season for this book is leaf-fall.

Here is the list of all my OCs (who may or may not appear in this last edition) in case you don't remember them ;)

Leafsong - pale ginger she-cat with white front-left paw, white chest, and green eyes; ThunderClan warrior; Chosen Warrior

Darkpaw - black tom with amber eyes; ThunderClan apprentice (mentor: Squirrelflight)

Dapplepaw - brown she-cat with black spots and blue eyes; ThunderClan apprentice (mentor: Sorreltail)

Bravepaw - brown tom with a black underbelly, green eyes; ThunderClan apprentice (mentor: Leafsong); former loner

Whitesnake - large gray tom with white stripe running down spine, green eyes; ThunderClan warrior

Shiningice - white she-cat dappled with silver spots, bright blue eyes; ThunderClan warrior

Frostdrop - silver she-cat dappled with white spots, dark blue eyes; ThunderClan warrior

Redswirl - black she-cat with green eyes, red patch on one side; ShadowClan warrior

Swiftclaw - white she-cat with black tail-tip, blue eyes; former WindClan warrior

Stone/Stoneclaw - dark gray tom with amber eyes, scar on left eye; former ThunderClan warrior; Leafsong's brother

Lichen/Lichenheart - white she-cat with amber eyes; former ThunderClan warrior; Leafsong's sister

Pine - black tom with green eyes; helped Stone and Lichen try to kill Leafsong

Flint - brown tom with a green eye and a blue eye; helped Stone and Lichen try to kill Leafsong

Aqua - black tabby she-cat with white stripes, blue eyes; helped Stone and Lichen try to kill Leafsong

Goldenfur - long-furred pale ginger she-cat, blue eyes; Leafsong's mother; formerly ThunderClan, now in StarClan

Whitefang - white tom with amber eyes; Leafsong's father; formerly RiverClan, now in StarClan

Rainshine - silver she-cat with darker gray spots, blue eyes; StarClan warrior; previous Chosen Warrior

Owlheart - brown she-cat with white underbelly and chest, amber eyes; Dark Forest warrior; Leafsong's former Dark Forest mentor

Wolfscar - large, muscular white tom with silver ears, chest, and tail-tip, amber eye, long scar cut down from ear across right eye; Dark Forest warrior; Leafsong's current Dark Forest mentor

Nightblaze - black tom with dark ginger paws and splash on right shoulder, midnight blue eyes; Dark Forest apprentice under Wolfscar (shared with Leafsong)

Scarpelt - scarred, dark brown tom with torn ears, blue eyes; former ShadowClan warrior; deceased