Additional Scene: Stone's Revenge

This was necessary for me to write back when Onestar barges into ThunderClan's camp looking for Swiftclaw. I needed to figure out why/how WindClan even got a hint of her whereabouts, and turned to Stone. This is what came out of it. Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Never thought I would see you again," Owlheart meowed. "Welcome back."

"Don't get any ideas, because I'm not staying," hissed Stone. "If I had it my way, I would have left the day I stepped back in that dreaded hollow."

"But your love for your mate and kits keeps you from leaving them again," the Dark Forest warrior purred. "How sweet."

"Did you really bring me here to just chat and catch up?" Stretching, the gray tom rolled his eyes.

"Ah, I missed that. Always want to get straight to the point."

"I'm waiting."

Owlheart blinked. "Since you're here, I have a new proposition for you."

"If it has anything to do with Leafsong, count me out."

"Then it's a good thing it has to do with WindClan instead."

Stone looked at her, urging her to go on.

"Swiftclaw had tried to get revenge on WindClan for how she treated her and her kits, but we both know how that ended up. But I have a plan on how you can get revenge for her."

The gray tom's interest instantly peaked, but he quickly sobered. He shook his head. "I promised Swiftclaw that I would leave my violent life behind. I will only fight for self-defense."

Owlheart straightened, her expression one of pure surprise. "Wow. Never had I thought I would hear that sentence come from your mouth. You must really love her."

"We've been through too much for me to not love her."

The she-cat dipped her head in a slow nod of approval. "Well, fitting enough, my plan doesn't involve any physical violence."

Stone's eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Would that even be true revenge then?"

Her amber eyes glowed in the murky light. "It would be if someone did the fighting for you."

***

WindClan was just like ThunderClan today, compelled to stay in their nests to hide from the chill and too effected by the gloomy sky to want to venture out of the camp unless absolutely necessary, but it was almost as if no patrols were even assigned.

Stone trekked across the moors, zigzagging between heather bushes and boulders for cover as he made his way to the WindClan camp - a place where he was as familiar with at a distance as he was with his claws, but where he had never actually set a paw in. He would often look at it from afar at the horseplace thinking of Swiftclaw.

He approached the dip with no hinderances. As he peered over the edge, he saw not a single cat in the grassy clearing below, but the overwhelming scent said otherwise. Everyone must had disappeared into the abandoned burrows to hide from the poor weather, not even bothering to place a guard, for surely no cat would want to venture out and invade a camp on a drowsy day like this.

The tom sat down in the middle of the dip, waiting.

Some time passed before there was finally some movement as a cat crept out of a burrow. He blinked at the filtered brightness of the gray sky and yawned before stumbling over to the fresh-kill pile. As he was searching among the several rabbits, his senses came back to him as he was jerked wide awake and stared at Stone in alarm. A full heartbeat passed before he finally forced out, "Intruder!"