ECHOES ✰ II

ཻུ۪۪  ECHOES

CHAPTER TWO┊ICE CREAM FOR KE$HA

CHAPTER TWOICE CREAM FOR KE$HA

CASSIA LOVED ICE CREAM. Ice cream was a rare delicacy in her home nowadays with her parents constantly gone but she remembers fondly the times she did have it. When she was five years old and her mother was a lot nicer, they would sit outside on summer days eating ice cream and creating silly songs together.

Then she got older and her mother got colder and it wasn't like her father was ever around to begin with and the special ice cream days became less and less frequent until they didn't exist anymore. Until, she meets the charming Beck Oliver with the pretty smile and hair. He takes her to this nice little ice cream shop and pays for her cup of cookie's and cream ice cream.

Flash forward to sixteen years old and now she's scooping random ice cream into buckets in hope for red circle letters that will spell out Ke$ha and earn Tori a free concert. Beck is beside her licking off his spoon with his eyes lighting up in delight.

She finds an a red circle letter that reads A, sighs excessively because they already have like twenty of those and licks it off before tossing it to the side.

"If I find one more damn A, I'm getting my stuff and walking home." Cassia complains as she grabs a new ice cream carton and stabs her spoon into it, annoyed.

"Peaches, you don't like ice cream? Or the quality bonding time with your favorite person in the world?" Beck asks, nudging her in the side of her stomach.

He makes a show of directing his spoon to her mouth as if he's going to feed her a spoonful of ice cream before he changes course into his mouth and eats it himself. He lets out a big grin at her. Cassia rolls her eyes at his childish actions.

"I wouldn't know if I did. Ice cream is pretty much banned in my house... too fattening I guess," Cassia responds breezily, moving on to her next ice cream carton.

"I probably haven't had it since that ice cream shop you took me to years ago." Cassia adds as an afterthought.

Everyone snaps their attention to her, surprised.

"That long? Peaches, that's, that's not right. We're going to that same place today and you're going to eat some really good ice cream. You guys can come too." Beck announces.

Cassia turns her lips downwards, showing her discontentment with Beck's idea. When she takes notice of all the eyes on her she rolls her eyes and motions for them to get back to work. She was never a huge fan of attention solely placed on her. She's not really pleased with the idea of attending the ice cream shop that held fond memories for a better time in her life when things nowadays weren't so nice and sugary anymore.