ECHOES ✰ VI

ཻུ۪۪  ECHOES

CHAPTER SIX┊ HELEN'S BACK AGAIN

CHAPTER SIX HELEN'S BACK AGAIN

    CASSIA IS OCCUPIED WITH HER SONGWRITING AS SHE SITS AROUND THE LUNCH TABLE WITH HER FRIENDS. She is humming a melody that has been playing in her head for a while now with no lyrics to go along with it. Her food has been left untouched while her page is littered with lyrics that have been scratched out and re-written too many times. Beck who is beside her and has been stealing off her plate, frowns when he realizes that he's eaten most of her fries and she's barely eaten or cared to stop him. The last time he ate off her plate without asking, she unfollowed him on all accounts for two weeks.

        "Okay, Peaches, you need to eat. It's kind of scaring me how you haven't hit me yet for eating most of your fries. Besides, you gotta fuel that big ole brain of yours." Beck advises as he gently tugs the notebook out of her hands, with much effort because she had a steel tight grip on it and she's always been strong than she looks.

Beck didn't even flinch or bat an eye at the unsettling and slightly terrifying glare that would've sent anyone who wasn't him six feet under that was directed at him. Cassia is downright terrifying when she wants to be but it never works on him. He knows from experience how Cassia can get when she is stressed and he hates the way it makes one of the most important people in his life so down on themselves. Cassia has always been a person of growth and self-improvement sometimes to point where it only does her harm and Beck hated the moments were she was too hard on herself. So when she lunges for her songbook he holds it above her head and smiles.

"Relax. I'll keep it safe while you eat." Beck settles on saying instead everything he wants to say. You have nothing to prove to your parents because you're amazing and they suck anyway, you're perfect at everything you do, you're the best person ever please stop feeling like you're not. He doesn't but he hopes it's implied as he pushes the plate of fries towards her.

"You're an asshole. I was working on a second verse." Cassia snaps as she takes a fry off a plate and she bites into it.

She's not angry with him, not at all, she's angry with herself because songwriting is the one way she knows how to express herself without fault but now it feels like she can't even do that and it sucks.

"Well now this break can help you write your third verse." Beck grins as Cassia huffs and rolls her eyes.

       Jade raises an eyebrow at the two of them, her eyes narrowing in thinly veiled anger. She was never a fan of how close the two were despite her being amicable enough with Cassia. She never liked the way Beck would look at his so called best friend, with such admiration or better put, adoration and she was the reason for so many of their arguments. She always felt as if Beck chose Cassia over her every single time.