ECHOES ✰ IX

ཻུ۪۪ ECHOES

CHAPTER NINE┊THE WORST COUPLE

CHAPTER NINETHE WORST COUPLE

CASSIA KNOWS THERE IS SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN TROUBLING BECK. Cassia notices that Beck doesn't smile as much as he used to anymore and if he does, it's tight-lipped and fake and only genuine when it seems to be directed at her. Cassia wants to ask, wants to know what is making her best friend, her favorite person in the world so resigned but she is always met with the cold, unwavering stare of Jade or a shake of his head that nothing's wrong and it makes her want to scream. She'll notice that Beck pulls away from Jade whenever she initiated contact with him and will engage with her more in arguing than he used to. The worst thing she notices is that Beck and Jade look unhappy with one another and it makes her concerned.

Her dark eyes glance from her curious gaze at where Beck and Jade sat beside each other from where she sat beside Tori when she feels another presence sit beside her, she looks up to see a smiling Alex with two cups of coffee in his hands and plops down as carefully as he could into the open seat beside her.

Alex with his leather jacket, grungy 'white' shirt and jeans with gaping holes in the knees that weren't there because of fashion, along with steel-toed boots who brought her coffee despite hating waking up at what he calls unfair hours of the morning.

"Good Morning, sunshine, that is for you," Alex says as he offers her the small cup on the right cup by shaking it in a enticing manner that makes Cassia smile so wide her cheeks hurt.

"Aw, thanks, pretty boy," Cassia coos playfully as she accepts the cup, knowing just by the smell it's her favorite drink, a vanilla chai latte. She's a little stunned he remembered her favorite drink order so well.

Alex rolls his eyes but his lips are pulled into a cute smile that seems to hold the sun and hums, "You know, I love it when you compliment me. I mean who could ignore my dashing good looks, the award winning charm, the quick wit? How about the killer Mario Cart skills?"

Cassia scoffs but her own smile doesn't dim. She wants to say something back because she always wants the last word during their banter but Tori's broken phone makes a loud screeching noise that instead makes her and Alex wince before she even has a chance.

"Your phone is making noise!" Jade shouts sarcastically to Tori, from over the loud sound that rings throughout the entire classroom.

Cassia rolls her eyes at the girls unnecessary comment, it's clear to see everyone knows Tori's phone is making noise, because it's annoying everyone.

Beside her, Beck looks closed off and defensive. His arms are crossed over his chest and leg thrown over his leg. He's engaging in more banter with her than usual and it's been more biting than playful.