Chapter Ten

"What?" Shoto groaned.
"You sounded like you weren't sure if the alarm was going to go off or not, so I got worried." I mumble, not sure if people were listening to our conversation or not. "Listen, I don't know this place that well, but I'm willing to ruin my career as a hero for this. If all goes that bad, I can just become a villain, right?"

His sentence really surprised me, willing to ruin his career as a hero? Just to help me escape? I'm a villain, number one for that matter, why would he want to help me escape? Didn't he have to go to school and through a lot of training to get where he is now? Just to ruin it, helping me escape. "Can you get quiet? People will hear you." I heard Shoto mumble, I must have been rambling again... "sorry," I mumble back as he unlocks the door and enters the room. I feel my heart start beating faster and faster with each step he takes, closer... and closer... until he's just less than arms length away. At this point my heart is pounding out of my chest as I look away from him as he undoes my restrictions.

"Alright, I'm done. Come with me." I jump slightly at the sound of his voice, it's so calming to listen to. When I hear his voice I feel... safe, like, nothing can go wrong. I stand up cautiously as my smaller hand is engulfed into his larger one. My cheeks flare up as he leads me out the back door, through some alleys, and eventually to what I assumed was where he stayed.

It was a large, classic Japanese home. I could see a sliver of a flame through the crack of a few doorways. I assume Shoto noticed it too as he quickly sped up his pace, mumbling something allng the lines of "I thought he was working late," and "what is he doing here?" From the sliver that increased as we walked around the corner of the house, I could tell it was the #2 hero from when I was in high school, Endeavor. In that moment, I remembered what Shoto had told me during our first year of UA about his past.

Shoto lead me to the side of the house and motioned upwards towards a window. "Can you get up there quietly?" I looked for another second, "yeah." I answered simply. "Okay, I'll go through the front door, just hide under my bed. If you can't fit there, hide in the closet." I nod as he starts walking off, cautious not the make too much noise. I start my way up the wall, slipping a couple times, but not falling. I climb into the window, which was easily unlocked. I hurriedly, yet cautiously, head for his bed and slide underneath.

I hear a lot of rustling and yelling from downstairs where I assumed Shoto was.

'I hope he is okay.' -Deku