Chapter Eighteen

It's been two days already... I think, but it feels like it's been a year, every day there's always a hero that passes by, looks in the alleyway, and keeps walking. I've tried venturing further into separate alleyways, but every one is a dead end. I'm on the verge of giving up and just turning myself in. Me and Sho-Chan have been getting closer over the past few days.

I walk around the alleyway "tunnels," and I pass the one area I haven't gone down yet, but it's completely dark, even in the middle of the day. I don't have the courage to go down it myself so I walk back to Sho-Chan and tell him about it. We've both gotten weaker over the past few days from a lack of food, since it's too risky to go out in the open where we're vulnerable to pros.

"Hey Sho-Chan, I saw this really spooky tunnel not too far away and I've already checked all the other ones. Want to try and go down it with me?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Yay! Let's go!" I jump up with joy from my slightly slouched position. Peeking up at the sense of adventure. I quickly grab Shoto's hand and lead him to the tunnel. "Here it is!~" Once I took a moment to actually listen to the sounds around us, I realized there were very faint voices and a... warping sound?

I allow the curiosity to take control of my actions as i slip down the tunnel, "It's darker than I remember..."

"Izuk-!"

I perk up at the sound of Shoto's voice. He was right behind me, wasn't he? I frantically look around, but I can't even see my own hands in front of my face. I try to find a wall or something to guide me to where Shoto may have went, but I couldn't feel anything.

Dizziness washes over my body as I lose my sense of gravity.

"What's going on..?"