Chapter Fourteen

I sit on my bed, the howls of enraged policemen just outside the window. I sigh lightly, "Why did I become a villain in the first place?" I mumble in a barely audible tone. I was only meaning to be talking to myself but I guess Todoroki heard what I said, since he looks in my direction from his position near the window. "I became a villain because of Kacchan but," I pause for a second, "I haven't even talked to him outside of being a villain since UA... all those years ago." I laugh lightly at my stupidity. Raising my voice ever so slightly I say, "Hey Sho? Do you think I could be a hero? Even after being a villain for so long..."

"I don't think this is the best time to be talking about this, Midoriya." He says, his casual cold tone evident in his response. "Yeah, I guess your right... the league probably just abandoned me anyway so I don't have much to go back to after all this..." I say with another sigh. "I guess this is the mindset of a villain right before they get caught, huh?"

Shoto pauses, "Don't talk like that, we'll find an apartment and just, stay there for a while..." He responds with the smallest hint of uncertainty. A few knocks on the window startle me out of my daze. Jolting to my feet I make my way over, slightly peering through the window from the blazing sun.

"Ka-"