CHAPTER13- AN UN-IDENTIFIED STALKER

NEXT DAY

NEXT DAY

Minji woke up with a hangover and a severe headache. She hurriedly got up and got ready. She went to Namjoon's room. He was sitting on the edge of his bed and talking animatedly over the phone. She knocked on his door and entered when he asked her to, "Come in."

Namjoon wished her a good morning. She wished him back and replied, "I came to ask for breakfast."

Namjoon jerked his head up and asked, "What about it?"

Minji replied, "Nothing, I am curious about his next round of interrogation."

Namjoon laughed and said, "Hehe! I know how he asks you most of the questions and doesn't seem to be interested in me at all."

Minji replied but she was already deep in thought, "Hmm... You are ready. So let's go and check if the others are awake and have breakfast. I want to leave ASAP and play video games."

Namjoon's voice was questioning, "Aren't you going to plan for this mission?"

Minji replied, "It's not necessary right now. We can do something later. It is not as if have a deadline or something." Her voice was indifferent.

He just scoffed and they went to Rose and Seung gi's rooms one after another.

They found that Mr. Park was out for 'business' so he didn't join them. Soon Minji, Namjoon and Rose bid goodbye to Seung gi to return to their house.

AFTER 2-3 DAYS

Minji on a phone call, "Hey dad, how are you? Are you coming back?" Her tone carried an unmistakable 'I miss you'.

Her father replied, "This is a serious matter Minji-ssi. Put on the speaker and call in Rose and Namjoon."

Minji's spy mode was immediately switched on as she called the others in. Her father resumed speaking, "A stalker sent by Mr. Park is following you."

Minji replied, "Did he get suspicious of us?"

Her father replied, "No you were good at hiding your identities but Mr. Park has grown fond of you and has sent his people to keep an eye on you 24/7. So this is creating a problem because when they checked and found that there isn't a single photo of a newly-engaged couple together."

Namjoon's ears pricked, "What are you trying to say, sir?"

Mr. Choi replied, "Namjoon, I am saying that you should take a break from this mission and concentrate on getting close."

Minji was annoyed and frustrated with the mess that Mr. Park's entry had created, "Like?"

Her father replied, "Like ... go on dates, spend time together and especially, click photographs because Mr. Park's phone is somehow connected to yours... but don't worry, this call will be erased. And because of this issue, I am coming home tomorrow," his last sentence was delivered cheerfully.

Minji was enthusiastic, "Great!!! See ya! Bye!"

Dad replied, "Can I talk to Namjoon for a second."

Namjoon was confused and replied, "Sure" and went into the adjoining room.

Minji and Rose were blank and boredom took over them within seconds so, they headed to the kitchen to prepare some drinks.

Meanwhile Namjoon was talking to Mr. Choi. Namjoon said, "Yes, sir?"

Mr. Choi replied, "Namjoon, I am telling you this as Minji's father and not your boss. I want you to take care of her. TBH, I was actually trying to find a reason to give her a break. She never had any real friends because she has only been betrayed by people who she trusted. And unwittingly, because of Mr. Park, she can get a break. I am happy that she will be spending time with you and please...it's a humble request don't make her sad...you are the only person I can trust. I know everything about Seung gi and Minji as well as Rose, Jisoo and Jungkook all of whom are a part of the team but you are still the one dear to my heart."

Namjoon replied, "Sure sir, you can trust me on this."

Mr. Choi replied, "And Namjoon, your father told me about that girl."

Namjoon was apprehensive, "He told you?"

Mr. Choi replied. "Yes," he laughed and added, "Because of that also I want you to be closer with Minji..."

Namjoon giggled and replied, "I will keep this in mind. Since now you know about that girl, I hope you can help me."

Mr. Choi said, "Oh, yes! I always got your back in this matter, don't worry."

Namjoon heard Minji yelling, "Namjoon get your ass down here and have coffee. You must be tired."

It was obvious that Mr. Choi heard that. He said, "Looks like she already cares for you and you should go now or else...God knows what will happen to you. She is feisty."

Namjoon replied, "Yes sir, I will talk to you later."

Then he hung up and he saw the wallpaper of Minji's phone, a picture of the two of them drinking coffee at Starbucks, probably clicked by Rose. It was ethereal.

And then a second later, Minji's shout made him snap out of his dreams.

Since he didn't want to die that early, he hurriedly ran downstairs and returned her phone. They had coffee while watching the new drama, He is psychometric.

Minji asked, "Hey isn't this Jin Young?"

Namjoon made a face, "Duh! Everybody knows him."

Minji shook her head, "Wasn't he our classmate in third year of high school?"

Namjoon looked carefully at him for a while and nodded as he realised that Minji had a point and said, "Wow! He became an idol and an actor."

Minji nodded, "Yah! We weren't that close, but still....anyway, let us continue watching."

Rose was sleepy and she left. Minji and Namjoon were left alone in the room.

After a while, Namjoon felt a slight weight on his shoulder. He turned and saw Minji sleeping peacefully, her head gently placed on his shoulder and snoring lightly.

His heart started beating a little faster just the way it did when he saw her for the first time. He thought to himself, that this time around he wouldn't mess up and show her that he was the one for her.

He got up slowly to make sure that he didn't wake her up and carried her to bed in his arms.

He guessed that she was so tired and stressed from the past few days that she hadn't been sleeping well. And as he looked at her tenderly, he started planning for their first date. "Even if it is business, I will make her fall in love with me," he promised.

 "Even if it is business, I will make her fall in love with me," he promised