CHAPTER19- LONG TIME NO SEE

Everyone, except for Seung gi and Minji's father, are waiting for Minji's operation to end for the past hour or so

The doctors finally emerged and one of them asked for the nearest of the kin. The doctor said, "The operation was successful but there is also the fact that she has lost a lot of blood by the time she reached here. While that has been managed, the main concern is the mental trauma that has disturbed her. She is out of danger but we have to watch her carefully. But the good news is that she is strong as only 20 percent of people would have survived this."

She bowed and so did the group. She was walking away when Namjoon interjected, "She will wake up soon? Right doc?"

She nodded and said, "Yes, she will."

With that, she left and Seung gi was so excited that he started calling everyone and telling them that she was going to be fine without paying attention to the late hour

A day after Minji's accident, the doctors allowed them to meet her though the time and the number of people were restricted. There were a lot of people including Jungkook's girlfriend who wanted to meet her but only the nearest of kin were allowed.

Everyone insisted that Namjoon should meet her first, including her dad. He went inside the room and the sight of her pale face, red lips which had turned purple, drips and wires attached to her frail body made him tear up inside. He even missed the swearing, cussing and annoying voice which now seemed to be melody to his ears. He felt a lump rising in his throat and eventually the tears that had been welling in his eyes for a day flowed freely.

He sat on the chair beside her bed and started talking to her. He knew she couldn't reply which bothered him but he was relieved that she could still hear, understand and not the least, remember him.

He talked to her for hours, eventually got tired and fell asleep beside her.

After a while, he was woken up by the nurse requesting him to leave because she had to check Minji's vitals and change her clothes.

He bowed and left. Only Jungkook was waiting outside and he told Namjoon that while he was sleeping Minji's dad went to her room but could not stand the sight so Jisoo and Rose took him home. Seung gi had gone for one final inspection of Mr. Park because he wanted to ensure that after all the efforts of the team, Mr. Park and his henchmen should not go free. Namjoon too clearly supported that idea. Jungkook wanted to talk to her because he felt guilty that he had all along known the truth about Minji.

Jungkook entered Minji's room and said, "Noona... I love you! Please come back, I really miss you, your cussing, your teasing and especially your smile. If you come back, I promise, that you will smile every second, every minute and every day for your entire life...come back noona....I miss you...we miss you..."

With that, he came out of the room sobbing loudly so that Namjoon and Na yeon had to calm him down...

AFTER 5 MONTHS

Minji was still in coma and as had become the routine, Namjoon was sitting beside her reading his favourite book. All of a sudden Minji started sweating profusely probably because she was having a nightmare. She woke up with a start and immediately looked around the room, observed her surroundings, put her hands around his face and kissed him of the blue. Namjoon could feel her tears while his own flowed freely too.

Namjoon could feel that ached in the pit of his stomach as he realised how much he missed those lips.

She backed off a little and said, "Long time no see, babe."

After hearing the word babe he immediately pulled her in another tight hug and Minji squealed because she was unable to breathe.

He asked her about her dream and when she started relating it, he hugged her again and kissed her gently.

She told me him that she had a nightmare in which he left her on the day of their marriage and her teammates were embarrassed for her.

Namjoon felt his chest swell with happiness at the thought of marrying her and was delighted that she considered him to be a part of her future

After chatting for a while, she said that she was feeling sleepy so he left her to rest and called up the others to tell them that she was out of coma.

And within five minutes Jungkook and Seung gi who, by the looks of it had broken every traffic rule on the way, came panting in. Namjoon felt a pang of jealousy as he thought that they had serious affection issues.

The day passed by with Minji catching up with the others and it was decided that she would be discharged the next day after staying at the hospital for more than six months.

As the days went by Namjoon and Minji's bond grew stronger despite some minor arguments about food and what to wear. But the relationship was never in doubt.

And another relationship too was blossoming. Jungle book (Jungkook) got engaged to his girlfriend so Na yeon was his fiancée. He told Minji all about it when he visited her with a big bouquet of flowers and his signature bunny smile (as Minji would say).

Both, Namjoon and Minji soon rejoined their duties and their official team also had Seung gi as well because Minji's father had recruited him as a spy due to the honesty, bravery and loyalty that he had displayed.

The mission had changed their lives. There were new friends, new relationships, fights, secrets revealed and of course, a new future.

 There were new friends, new relationships, fights, secrets revealed and of course, a new future