CHAPTER15- SECOND DATE

Minji woke up early because the bandages had got undone while she was sleeping and the wound was throbbing

Minji woke up early because the bandages had got undone while she was sleeping and the wound was throbbing. She did her morning routine, wore some casual clothes and went downstairs. "The nerd-head is still sleeping probably as he is tired from reading books for that long," she thought to herself while shaking her head.

She prepared breakfast and had just begun to set the table when she saw Namjoon who was already dressed. He greeted her and they started eating when he noticed Minji's hand and asked, "Hey, what happened to your hand?" There was no mistaking the concern in his voice.

Minji shrugged and replied, "I was fetching water at night and thanks to my clumsiness, I dropped the glass which shattered into pieces. When I attempted to clean up, I injured myself. Does that explain everything? I hope it does. Have you planned anything for today because I was planning to see the fireworks tonight?"

Namjoon replied, "OMG! I had planned for the same. I was thinking of walking to the nearby park, sitting there for some time and roaming around for a while before walking or taking a cab to the beach where we could eat lunch and watch the sunset and then the fireworks. What say?"

Minji's eyes shone, "Perfect!!!"

They finished their meal and were still so engrossed in the conversation that they didn't see Rose enter. She was staying with Seung gi and they were continuing with the planning for the mission which Namjoon and Minji would execute.

But for once, Minji was excited about something that didn't have to do with the mission – going out with Namjoon. She hurriedly wore her shoes and came downstairs.

They headed towards the park and grabbed a smoothie on their way. They didn't talk much while roaming around. Though they were silent, it was a companionable one which they both enjoyed rather than an awkward silence.

They took a cab to the beach and an incident occurred which made a lasting impression on Minji. They had just stepped out from the taxi when the driver rolled down the windows and yelled out loud enough for them to hear, "You make a lovely couple! Last long."

Namjoon laughed, "Thanks! We will keep that in mind."

Then suddenly Namjoon found her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers and waved goodbye to the driver. Even after he drove off, without realising they were still holding hands. At the restaurant, while ordering food, when the waiter again commented that they looked good together did they realise that their hands were still interlocked. Minji let go with embarrassment and ate the delicious food. Both of them were blushing hard and an awkward silence enveloped them.

They didn't talk much but just discussed some random things. It was more of a friend to friend conversation.

After lunch, they made their way to the beach to watch the lovely sunset. Minji was admiring the view and absorbing everything for as if it was the last time she would see this because she had no idea if she would ever have some leisure time again to do this with the same person in her future. The latter part was what obsessed her more.

Namjoon saw how mesmerised she was. Minji said, "It's beautiful. Isn't it?"

Namjoon replied, "Yeah, just like you!!!" and chuckled lightly while staring at the view in front of them.

Her heart was beating rapidly and she wondered if she had heard that right!

Namjoon out of nowhere said, "Yes, you heard that right, Minji-ssi!"

Minji wanted to kick herself as she asked herself if it was necessary to mumble all this out.

She turned towards him and looked him straight in the eye. "Why are you complimenting me like this? It confuses me and I feel emotions that I've never experienced," she had decided to be blunt because she knew no other way to express her feelings.

He simply replied, "No comments, dear."

After a while, they headed in the direction of the amusement parks to catch the fireworks.

Both of them stared mesmerised for the fireworks looked like a tiny explosion of stars in the sky. Namjoon was as excited as a little child who had found that particular collection of toys that he had been dreaming of for a long time. Unconsciously his hand intertwined with that of Minji's as both of them stared at the sky above.

At that moment Minji felt as if the world around her had stopped and that the two of them were the only people on the planet. She blushed and her heart beat faster as she realised that she did have feelings for this nerd-spy. She felt that he was the one who she would cherish and take care of. But the question that bothered her was whether he reciprocated her feelings or not? But she decided to push these questions to the back of her mind and live in the moment wholeheartedly without regretting a second. She decided that she would take a call whether she should admit her feelings or not. But knowing her rebellious attitude, she knew she would.

Yes, dear reader, you've guessed it right. This is not a conventional love story where the onus of proposing is on the boy. It is always possible that the girl realises first and grabs the opportunity to propose. So, stay alert readers! Just saying...

Somewhere a girl whose heart had turned to steel was finally falling in love with a guy whom she had least imagined.

The plot of her life just shifted gears.