"But how did you know it would work for anxiety?"

TW: Panic attack, Swearing

I remember hearing a fight coming from downstairs.

Just another night.

There was a squeak from the window.

I didn't recognize the person climbing through it.

There were gunshots from downstairs.

But there were no more arguments after that.

Remi POV (Ohhhh a new one)

"Bye, bb!" Piper yelled, waving at me as she headed to class, her best friend, Emile, following her. I waved in return and turned to my best friend, Remy.

"What do we have first, hunny?" He asked. I shrugged and reached into my bag.

"Science, then hell." I responded. He groaned and took a long sip from his iced coffee. I rolled my eyes and dragged him to the Science classroom.

"Come on, bitch, we can't be late. I don't want to get into trouble on the second week." I said. He sighed and rolled after me on his heelys. We walked into class only to be greeted by an angry teacher.

"Alright, students, look at the board and get into your assigned seats. In this class you will only talk to your desk partner, and you will only talk when I saw so, understood?" She said. We all nodded in unison. My desk partner, Logan, seemed nice, but he gave off nerd vibes. I saluted slightly to him in greeting, and he nodded ever so slightly.

"Alright then, is Joyce here?" The teacher asked. I grimaced at the mention of my dead name and raised my hand.

"Here." I said through gritted teeth.

"Actually, their names Remi, not Joyce." Came a voice from behind me. I groaned internally as I recognised Remy's voice. The teacher glared daggers at him, but ignored him and continued the roll. I turned around to meet Remy's eyes and gave him a stern look. He rolled his eyes and gestured his Starbucks towards the teacher.

"Who was that?" Came a low voice from beside me. I spun around to face Logan.

"Ah, he's my best friend." I replied. He tilted his head in confusion.

"Joyce is my dead name, and Remy's pretty strict about people using my preferred name." I explained. Logan nodded in understanding and went back to doing work.

"Alright class, I have a worksheet for you to do. You will do this in silence, and if I hear any talking, you will get detention. Understood?" She spat. I nodded in fear and grabbed my sheet. I looked down at it and tried to make sense of the words on the page. They all jumbled together into strings of nonsense. I subtly turned around to Remy, who was looking at me with worried eyes.

"Help me!" I mouthed. He understood and got up to come and help me.

"Remy! What are you doing?" Came a harsh voice from the front of the class.

"Um, I was going to help my friend?" He said, gesturing towards me. I put my head down to try and avoid being noticed.

"I'm sure the Joyce can figure it out by herself. Go back to your seat and behave." She said sternly. Remy rolled his eyes and sat down, mouthing a sorry to me when the teacher wasn't looking. It didn't help. I was so focused on trying to understand the paper, that I didn't realise the tears coming from my eyes. I looked up to see Logan looking at me, worried. I tried to smile to reassure him, but that just caused more tears to flood out. Before I could even process what was going on, Remy was by my side and leading me out of class, with a concerned Logan following. He took me to a wall and made me sit down. I let out a sob as he hugged me.