Chapter 1

My alarm went off, as I hit my head on my pillow. I powered the alarm down, and started the day. I got ready quickly, and grabbed my bag. I moved as quickly as I could through the house, and cringed as I heard screaming coming from the room I could never go in, step-dads room. I think he abuses my mom in the mornings. I never knew what was going on.

I hurriedly ran out the door, and speed walked through the area with my head down. When I accidentally bumped into someone, I looked up to apologize, but as I looked up, I saw a SHIELD logo on the edge of their jacket.

"Shit." I cussed, and took off in a dead sprint for the school.

"Kid!" He called as he tried catch me. I was faster.

I sprinted across the street in front of a bus, and then more. I knew he was following me up until I got into the school. I went straight to my locker, and quickly made my way to class.

The day seemed to pass quickly since all of my school bullies were skipping school today.

As I walked home, I saw a girl, who looks as if she was maybe 14. She was sitting on the ground with her back against the wall, crying. I walked up to her, and crouched down.

"Are you okay?"

She sniffled and looked up. "Today is the day my brother disappeared 7 years ago."

"Oh." I breathed, and sat beside her. "What's your name?"

"Lila. Yours?"

"Cooper."

A/n 

So, chapters will be short, sorry, but there should be more chapters since I'm doing that! ;)