Chapter 9

"Cooper, you are a hard kid to find." He started. I just glared at him, not giving him the satisfaction.

He seems to notice that and continues. "You're fast. I haven't seen someone out run a super soldier, ever. You are just full of surprises aren't you kid."

He started walking around the room. "You know, you always hid pretty well. What I don't get is why you lied to our agents about knowing of who your family is."

"I don't know who the hell my real family is. If I did do you honestly think I would've stayed in that hell?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Maybe. Maybe not. You are a clever kid Cooper. So tell, what do you know about your family Cooper?" He questioned.

"You know what I know about my family? Nothing. All I know is I was taken from them and ended up in that hell I was in. If I had known about them, isn't there a part of you that thinks I would jump at the chance. My goal, was to survive that hell, and live to see 18." I shot out.

"What about your adoptive mom? Hmm? Would you have left her?" He smirked.

"You know you asshole, she chose fucking drugs and that bastard. He killed her, and just carried on. Like this was normal. I left. My adoptive mother was a deadbeat, and my step-dad is a psychopath. Happy?" I almost yelled.

"What about his abuse huh? Was it just to her? Or did you just leave that out?" He stood by the door.

"Shut the hell up!" I yelled. "What the hell does any of that have to do with anything?!"

"Nothing." He shrugged. "Didn't you ever think to look for your real family?"

"No. For all I know, they are dead." I deadpanned.