Chapter 6

We were walking back to Midtown, when we ran into the guy and Blondie. Except this time, River was the one who bumped in to Blondie.

"Third time's a charm." The guy muttered.

River smirked at me. "Them?" She mouthed.

I eyed the SHIELD logo. Her face faltered. Recognition fell over her face, and as it fell over theirs, she grabbed me wrist, and pulled me into a sprint.

"Sage! Sage!" Blondie called.

"C if you don't hurry your ass up I swear." She threatened.

I grabbed her wrist now, and pulled her with me. I was fastest at my school, faster than these oldies. River cussed at me, as we jumped onto a city bus that was about to leave. As soon as we were on, the driver pulled out leaving the two in the dust.

I turned to her. "Sage?"

She gritted her teeth. "My birth name. Sage River last name."

"Who are they?" I nodded to the ones who seemed to be chasing the bus.

"I didn't think SHIELD was your enemy. Steve Rogers, aka Blondie and or Captain America. Then Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye. Friends if you can call them that, of my dad or as I should call him, overall dick." She grumbled.

"River, why are they looking for me?" At this point we had gotten off the bus.

She turned to me. "If SHIELD has been looking for you, Fury wants to meet you. If Fury wants to meet you, than you have some importance to someone in SHIELD, and if you gave importance to someone in SHIELD.."