who's. ➢ part one.

𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝑾𝒉𝒐'𝒔 𝒃𝒚 𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒔.

𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄:

A couple of weeks had passed and rehearsal for this upcoming round was frustrating as hell, I spent way too much time working on trying to figure what my next move was. Jaylen and Jada were working hard on coming up with the next track to perform and I still dealt with the constant bullying that came from being in Nick's presence.

Speaking of that bastard, I heard that Melody thought about breaking up with him until he gave her a brand new car for her birthday. This dude makes me so sick and I honestly don't understand why she deals with me, his money and egotism doesn't mean that he genuinely loves and appreciates her for who she is.

If anything, I could show her something real and true. Today was a new day, an absolutely brand new day that I wasn't looking forward to, at all. Once again, I missed the bus and I was forced to walk to school by myself; it wasn't until I saw Melody and

Nick from a distance, and it didn't look good from what I could hear. "Nick, you're being a dick! You swear you know what's best for my future when you don't!" "Babe, c'mon now, you're just tripping... We can talk about this later on, aight?"

"That's what I'm talking about, Nick! You're always telling me later we'll do this, later we'll do that...but we never do anything about our problems." Melody replied, pushing Nick away from her as he attempted to grab her hand. "Baby, you're just overreacting... I'm not like the other guys. I'm listening, I'm all ears for you."

He exhaled, moving back as he gave her room to speak. "There's no need to talk, I'm gonna need some space..."She took her necklace off and handed it to him. "Goodbye, Nick." As Melody stormed off in my direction, I made a run for it because I couldn't risk knowing that she saw me eavesdropping on their conversation, especially not now.

𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇.

"Wait, she broke up with him and gave him back the necklace?" Jaylen chimed in with her attention stuck on the fact that I had all the scoop before she did, but we were soon interrupted as Jada approached our table and placed her phone in her faces. "Melody Baker breaks up with Nick James, confirmed by

Bayview's shitty version of TMZ." As she placed her tray on the table, she'd soon sit down with the rest of us and express that she was indeed intrigued by the situation. "I'm going to talk to her today and see how she's doing." As I finished speaking, they froze as they stared in my direction. "Haha, that's funny."

Jada was hysterical, banging her hand on the table as her laughter increased in volume. "What? I'm being serious!" I say, glaring at them as Jaylen puts her two cents in. "And, I'm going to tell Alex to bang me slowly this afternoon..."

Before Jaylen could even say anything else, Jada interrupted and yelled loudly with her finger pointing in Jaylen's direction. "Do NOT play like that, okay? That's my job once I finally get his attention."

"GUYS! Listen to me, I'm being dead serious right now. I know she's not driving this afternoon and I was thinking that maybe I could sneak up on her walk and ask her if I could take her to Chestnut Hill and maybe help her clear her head for that moment?"

Still, in disbelief, they gave me that 'yeah, alright' nod. "Jada, we gotta start planning your birthday party soon." Jaylen went on to start a brand new conversation, causing me to sigh before staring at the clock in hopes of finally leaving soon.

𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚.

 I ditched the normal walk home to find Melody; something about trying to read her became a mission that I couldn't afford to lose out on. There she was, walking as miserably as possible and it showed; it looked like she didn't want to be here at all.

"Yo Mel!" With confidence, I spoke up to her; this would cause her to direct her attention towards me. "Oh, hey. You walk this way too? I've never seen you, so I'm just curious." "Yeah, well—no. I just came this way because I heard that you weren't having a great day and I wanted to try my best to cheer you up. I mean, that's only if you'd like me to."

Mel was staring into my eyes, a grin softly emitting into her features before she leaned over at pulled me in for the ultimate hug; I was so grateful to know that she honestly had someone who genuinely cared for in me.

"You're quite the gentleman, Black. Correction: Dre Black, since that is indeed your musician name and I'm your number one fan." "Very funny, I honestly believe that you and I are on two different sides of the spectrum."

With a nudge, I'd shrug before my eyes could shift in her direction. "How so, Mr. Miracle?" Without hesitating, I turned her in my direction before assuring her that I knew what was best for her.

"I'm a nobody and you're a somebody, someone who deserves to not be miserable because some asshole can't keep his opinions to himself.
If he loves you, he'd show it. He can't even be a good friend to you, Mel. I've never dated anyone, but I do know that you deserve to find a good guy that'll love you unconditionally... I assure you of that. He wants to push his opinions on you to make himself look like something when he's nothing but a loser."

Maybe I said way too much, I probably did knowing me and she literally didn't care about me or what I did and I just needed to face the music and realize that she's not going to ever be interested in some loser like myself. Truth be told, Nick was honestly much better than what I could ever be, except for the asshole mentality that he expressed towards her. Before I could even try to clean up anything, Mel replied with something that would soon catch me off-guard.

A/N:

𝑪𝑨𝑵 𝑾𝑬 𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑲 𝑨𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑻 𝑴𝑬𝑳𝑫𝑹𝑬? 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝒐𝒇 𝑾𝒉𝒐'𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕... 𝑹𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝟐 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒘 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒂 𝒉𝒖𝒈𝒆 𝒋𝒂𝒘𝒅𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓. 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕!