Chapter 14: The Wrath

Lalisa’s POV

I woke up early than usual today. I haven’t talk to Lucy about what Zaldy told me yesterday. I’m not sure what to do and not to mention, I don’t want to leave her alone here, knowing that she’s not well enough to take care of herself. How can she live? How about when she didn’t have money anymore? Where and how will she get some? Who will take care of her? I don’t know how long it will take for me to learn how to take over my own body, if everything that the guardian said was true, or if I can even do anything about it although I’m not scared to try, I just can’t stop worrying about Lucy.

“Meow~” My Manx cat jumped on my bed.

“Are you going to take care of Lucy while I’m gone?” I asked. Lewis nodded but still my mind can’t settle with it. Not that I’m doubting my cat’s ability but how on earth would a cat manage to support a human, I mean where will he get money for the foods and other expenses? He can be cute all he want but he can’t work or can he? Wait, if he can, I’m going to ask him to pay for his meal because he eats a lot. Okay, that was silly, I need to stop.

I made my way to the bathroom and took a shower. After I’m done, I wore my black attire for today and decided to matched it with my favorite yellow running shoes then went out of my room.

“Good Morning baby girl~” Lucy greeted, cheerfully. Every day, she’s getting worse. She already lost all her hair and her body’s getting weaker each day. That airhead human doctor said that there’s only twenty percent chance of surviving cancer and even though she didn’t want to go through the healing process, I still insisted.

“Good Morning Lucy~” I greeted back and kissed her cheek. “How’s your chemotherapy?” I questioned as I sat down.

“I already told you...” She paused as she put my breakfast in front of me. “It’s just a waste of money.” I saw the tiredness on her face however she must not lose hope.

“It’s not. Help your body defeat that sickness, you are stronger than that,” I motivated, trying to boost her confidence. I already lost Charlie and I don’t have any friends so I might go crazy if I lose her too. “Be one of that twenty percent for me.” I smiled but she suddenly embraced me. I’m not good at expressing my feelings but I know that she knew that I love her so much.

“I will for you, Lisa.” Lucy assured me that made me smile then she sat down and we started eating.

“By the way, I already met the guardian that Charlie talked about.” I sipped my orange juice.

“Oh, that’s great news… so what happened? What’s the reason why your hair turned blonde? Is it really bad?” Lucy bombarded me questions.

“Well, it’s worst. She told me that my hair holds all the soul of my ancestors and because of that the anger they were feeling was inside of me as well. My hair turned blonde as it was the indication of the coming end; the end of all...” I drank my orange juice before continuing, “… the blinds so if I can’t control my temper, all the blinds in this world will disappear, poof, gone, permanently.” My heart ache when I uttered the last part. I looked at her and she stared back at me. Thankfully, parents doesn’t suffer the effect of their child’s power and if I haven’t told you yet, Lucy’s right eye was born blind, meaning she’s somewhat connected to that special blind and she will vanish too. That’s why I’m having second thoughts because if the situation was not like that then there’s no need for further question, I will never ever go to a stranger’s house because when I was young, my father always reminded me not to talk to strangers.

“And what solution did she recommend?” Lucy inquired as she squeezed my hand.

I wiped my mouth with the napkin since I finished eating. “I’ll be needing to stay with her so she can help me do something with these souls inside me.”

Lucy release a sigh. “Do what you must do. Your father knew about this but decided to hide you instead of fighting with you.” She tapped my hand. “Don’t let anyone die, you hold their future, our lives, so do the right thing baby girl.”

“But she said that I might die in the process and one more thing, I don’t want to leave you here.” I argued, hoping she’ll say that I should just stay and hide like what Charlie had said and done.

This situation was out of my hand and it’s stressing me a lot. It was really a death and death situation since it’s either I stay here with Lucy and every blind people die along with her or I seek help and die in the process while Lucy starve to death. Deym. Can it get any better?

“Don’t worry about me… And I believe in you, you can do it. You are the daughter of Charlie and Lucy Manoban so don’t doubt yourself. You are capable of anything, keep that in mind.” We had a short mother-daughter moment then we cleaned the dishes. After, I packed my things and bid my goodbye to Lucy. Yes, she talked the way out of it and I let her so here I am running to uptown, facing another marathon. When I arrived at the fork intersection, my blood started boiling for unknown reason so I closed my eyes for a bit and tried the deep breathing technique to relax as I continued walking to Zaldy’s building.

As the glass door slide open, my eyes were welcomed by the particular person that I shouldn’t have seen in the first place. Everything was like in a slow motion and just a snap someone else took over me. I was so furious; I had the need to erupt like a volcano wanting to unleash it all because my blood was like a boiling lava inside me and I’m hurting. It was so deym hot.
I was still present and I can still see what my body’s doing. Fudge! The guardian’s right, I’m in no control of own myself, no, not anymore. My body walked towards the blind and I lifted her off the ground by choking her.

“STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” The human beside her shouted but I pushed her that made her fell down. The blind was struggling, trying her best to loosen my grip however, in all circumstance, I’m stronger that her. “PLEASE DON’T DO THIS!” The human tried pulling my hand away, slapping, punching and gripping my clothes that gave me the chance to locked gazes with her so I managed to hypnotize her.

“Drown in my ocean eye.” I uttered the magic words. It’s either this or simply ‘Look At Me.’ or both.

“What do you want me to do? I’ll give you everything.” The redhead human replied, looking at me like a robot waiting for any instructions.

“Sleep.” I commanded.

*blag*

She fell down again but this time, fast asleep. I turned my gaze back to the blind, gripping her tightly, she stopped wriggling. I’m aware that if this girl with cat-like eyes take another minute or two in my hands, she’s going to say goodbye to this cruel world. Many thoughts invaded my mind but one thing’s for sure, I’ll hate myself for the rest of my life.

*tree whooshing* *wind blowing* *leaves rustling*

I saw vines snaking on both of my arms, stopping at my wrists. It came from my back and crawled so fast that I was somewhat caught off-guard. It continuously tightened until it made me loosen my grip on the blind’s neck. The vines held my hands in place then Zaldy appeared, took the blind and human away. In that instant, I felt myself relaxed and I’m in control of my body again.

“WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!” I heard a girl’s voice roared from behind but I didn’t utter any word and just looked down. I’m ashamed of myself due to the fact that I, too, wanted to know what the hell did I do. It’s not supposed to be like this, I shouldn’t have seen her here, I shouldn’t have been in that mansion, I— it’s all my fault.

“Madam, we have to go.” Another girl’s voice pleaded. The vines let loose its hold on my wrists but I still didn’t bother looking at whoever these people were.

I can’t believe it… I almost killed someone... nah not just someone. It’s the ruler of all blinds, the ruler of my own mother. If she dies, Lucy will die with her and I will never ever forgive myself if that happens.