Chapter 9

Luca

When I stop the car in front of my house, Gio and Salvo are already outside, waiting for me. They are both dressed to kill and fully armed.

I look at Elena, who seems lost in thoughts again, she hasn't said a word to me since we left the restaurant and I did not press further. We'll talk. Later. She looks blowzy, her beautiful hair is wild and there's dust on her dress and a few scratches on her arms and legs. One look at her and you see how fragile she is, or she seems but she handled tonight better than I would have expected.

I take her hand in mine and we approach my brothers. They smile at Elena, a little bit surprised to see her again. We enter the house.

"You go ahead and wait for me in my office. I'll be down in a minute."

They both nod and I take Elena up the stairs and into my bedroom. She's quiet all this time. I stop in front of the bed.

"I have something to discuss with my brothers, will you be ok by yourself?"

She nods, taking in her surroundings.

"You can take a shower if you want to. Or just lie down on the bed and wait for me." I feel a grin stretching my lips as thoughts of what I'd rather have her do pass through my mind.

"I'll be ok." She says like she wants me out the door faster. I nod and leave, closing the door behind me.

When I'm close to my office I hear movement from behind. Dante and Matteo head my way.

"What the fuck was that?"

"A delusional man giving orders to a bunch of idiots." I mumble as we enter the office.

Gio puts down the pen holder and rises from my sit and Salvo looks grateful at us, probably for saving him from the bullshit Gio is capable. I stride to my chair and everybody else takes a sit except Matteo. Although he's allowed to act however he wants he always keeps his distance.

"What's the plan?" Dante asks.

"We're ending Bonetti tonight. I want it to look impeccable, Matteo." He nods and waits for me to elaborate.

"Why Matteo?" Gio chimes in.

"He's the only one who can. I want it done fast and I'm going to need a few men. It's happening tonight. They wouldn't expect me to strike so early."

They nod, Dante crosses his arms in front of his chest, it's a habit he does when he's impatient. Gio leans forward, his elbows on his knees and his drink hanging in his hand.

"Two teams. One keeps the men that attacked me occupied while the other goes to Bonetti's house. I know the fucker has a house in a peaceful neighborhood but that is not going to save him." I add when Gio frowns, thinking about my plan.

"The ambush at the restaurant was a mess. There were many shooters, make sure you send many men that way. I want their faces covered, I don't need journalists or cops connecting them to me."

"Got it."

"How many men does he have around the house regularly?"

"Four guards."

"Good. Two guys should be enough to finish the job. I want them to sneak inside the house and kill whoever they find. I want Bonetti alive. "

"What about curious neighbors?" Dante cuts in.

"This is where it might get tricky. We're going to have to steal a police car. Or borrow it. Whatever you want, Matteo."

His lips turn into a shark grin.