Chapter 21

Luca

I pull the car to a stop just as the door to the airplane opens and my brother steps out. He lazily makes his way down the stairs. Slowly he turns his face from the sun to look over to me. I get out of the car, trading the chilled atmosphere of car for the melting heat of New York.

"No, no. Take your time! We're in no rush." I shout at him. It earns me a chuckle, but he doesn't speed up.

I make my way to him and meet him halfway on the airplane runway.

"Is that fucking tan on you?"

Dante grins, grabbing my hand and shaking it.

"Grumpy, I see."

"I sent you to Vegas for business and you come back looking like you got tons of tan spray on sale."

"Well, you know I make the best of everything." His grin widens. Taking off his sunglasses he cocks his head to the side scrutinizing my car. "What happened there?"

I look back at it. It's the same car the feds bugged a while ago. I haven't used it since then and considering it's my favorite car it's about time I put it back to work. I don't want to make them suspicious, there's no doubt they've bugged this one because they know I use it most. It was my favorite, that rubs me the wrong way, but soon I won't need it anymore. I'll get rid of it and buy a new one.

"It's about time we give our friends from the Bureau a little gift."

"Like?"

I hate talking about this in the open, but there was no way in hell I could have told him about my plan over the phone.

"Angelo Castellano and Smith are going to be present at the auction today and I want Smith out. First I need to know what he has on us, if he has anything at all. Then we're going to give him a ride." I point with my thumb over my shoulder at the bugged car.

His brow furrows, "Angelo and Smith? What a combination! How?"

I shrug, "I guess we'll find out soon."

"You think that is going to benefit us? He'll rat us out trying to stay away from prison and they will grant his wish because we are the enemy, not him."

I chuckle, "Have a little faith, brother."

I pull out my phone, press on the video and show it to him. It takes five seconds for my brother to realize what is happening and who the protagonists are. He looks up at me grinning.

"All right, maybe we can make this work." He shakes the phone, "this, added to what we already have on him should guarantee us his silence."

"I want him dead. Once he's in prison we'll have our guys end him. Now, let's go, I have to get back home." I turn and make my way to the car.

I can't wait to get back home. Waking up to Elena's warm naked body glued to mine and listening to her soft breaths as I combed my fingers through her hair almost had me let Angelo get away with it , this time. It was pure torture letting her go after I fucked her this morning. She went back to sleep, ass out of the covers, tempting me every glance I took.

"Mhh, I've heard you've finally got her to forgive you. How much groveling did you have to do?"

"Fuck off, Dante."

"And what the fuck is happening? We're meeting Angelo, that means the enemy is in our territory. Alone. No army to protect him. Our men will want blood."

I curse under my breath because this is the one thing that has been playing on my mind ever since I found out about this foolish duo. I know what is expected of me as Capo of New York. I know that nothing else should matter and yet, I can't settle on the only solution to this situation, because in one corner of my dark fucked up mind a broken pair of green eyes already mourn the outcome of my decision.