Chapter 2

Elena

I remember passing street lights, skyscrapers. I remember going fast, changing lanes and trading the lights of the city for the darkness of a forest. I recall a small desperate part of me wanting me to pay attention to my surroundings, to not give up, but the fear paralyzed me the second he pushed me inside his car. It's like dealing with him has fried my brain and the closer I am to him, the worse it gets.

Now, being in this opulent mansion, I take in my surroundings. It's dark, the house is huge and guarded. There were  two men at the entrance in the house, both which regarded me like this was their everyday routine. Whatever hope I had when I saw them vanished completely.

There's an imposing stairway right in front of me, it's made of dark wood and only the top of it is slightly lit. It reminds me of a sleeping beast. On each side of the stairway there are dimly lit hallways. Everything is dark and there's so little light.

He lets go of my arm and I feel like I can breathe a little better, rubbing the spot his fingers touched I take a few tentative steps away from him. He snaked his fingers so tight around my arm that he stopped my circulation.

Having a little space to myself breaks the numbness and reality kicks in. I am in the presence of the deadliest predator I've ever met. My arms drop lifelessly as soon as the thought echoes in every corner of my being, a helpless gasp escapes my lips and my feet move before I can do anything to stop it.

"Where the the hell are you going?" a touch of confusion coats his question. He sounds calm otherwise. That calmness of his causes my heart to break a little and new tears tickle my cheeks. I hate that I cry so much around him. 

Reaching the end of the dark hallway I hit a hard wood door. I hit it with firsts but it won't budge. A few seconds after my failed attempt logic kicks in and I try the handle. I can feel him approach, the hairs on my back feel it too. The door swings open and a masculine scent hits me. As soon as I step through the door the light turns on. It's an office, a huge manly one. 

The door swings open again and a very annoyed kidnapper sets his eyes on me. I hurry further into the room, and put the massive desk between us. I bet my right hand while I still have it, that his whole house is a projection of his dark soul and fucked up mind. I bet he enjoys scaring people.

"Stop running!" He orders me, as he unbuttons his suit jacket and kicks the door shut behind him. He locks it with the key and pockets it. His eyes meet mine again as he takes his suit jacket off.

"Come here."

 I was stupid enough to not put up a fight when he brought me here, but that ends now. I'm done submitting to his requests. Looks like somewhere along that darkened hallway I've found my guts.

"I already told you I might not kill you. Don't be rude and make me forget my manners."

My mouth opens wide at his audacity. "Manners? You call the way you treated me manners? "

"I can do a lot more damage. Your choice." He gives me what is supposed to be a smile, but his vicious eyes and hard lines of his face turn it into something dark.

He extends his hand and waits for me to come closer, to take it. His eyes urge me to obey him and despite my unwillingness my feet move slowly towards him. If I am to take his word for it and believe he won't kill me it's not wise to anger him. 

Precaution.

I stop a few inches in front him, but I do not take his hand. I merely look into his eyes. I remember how much he wanted that earlier tonight.