one

Hogwarts Castle

Hogwarts Castle. September 1, 1995

Harry Potter, aged 15, walked to the carriages waiting to take them to Hogwarts castle. Harry hadn't realized it in previous years, but now he saw that the carriages which he thought to be self riding were actually being pulled by a black horse that looked like it was mostly dead. The scar-head boy, after the initial shock, hopped into on of the carriages with his friends and was transported to his school and home.

Around the same time, Zoë Dumbledore was roaming the halls of the castle, taking in all its beauty one last time before the arrival of the students who will inhabit it for the school year. When her uncle Albus arrived at Godric's Hollow in late June, he quickly took her to Hogwarts, which he believed to be a safe place from a danger that he would not tell Zoë. She was given a room in the headmaster's office which Albus had specifically made for the comfort of his niece. She was able to leave the room and roam the halls during the summer, but she would soon have to stay in that room in her uncle's office as soon as the Hogwarts students arrive. 

People can not see her. That was the biggest rule her uncle implied to her. She was a muggle, they were witches and wizards. She did not belong and if anyone saw her they would risk her getting exposed by the ministry, who did not know the existence of Zoë Dumbledore. She was found one night in the streets of Godric's Hollow by her father Aberforth Dumbledore, and taken in by him as his daughter. He named her Zoë Dumbledore and the rest is history.

In short she wasn't a Dumbledore by blood and she sure wasn't a witch. Although she wished she was.

"Zoë? Zoë where are you?" Her uncle's voice boomed through the halls. Zoë yelled back that she was by the Room of Requirement, a room that could transform into anything the person wants it to. Zoë comes by sometimes when she wants to feel like she's back in her little cottage in Godric's Hollow, although it would never feel exactly like it.

Albus turned the corner and walked towards his niece, who stood there waiting for her uncle to approach her. Albus stopped in front of Zoë and took her hand.

"I'm sorry Zo, but you have to stay in your room now. The students are about to arrive." Zoë nodded and followed Uncle Albus to the office, where he said the password and entered his office.

"Uncle Albus?" Albus turned around to face his niece. "Is there any way I can get some sort of education? I know people shouldn't see me but I would really like to learn. Its been 4 years since I had an education. Please uncle?"

"Absolutely not. Only the staff know about you for your safety but they would be too busy with their actual students to teach you. I'm sorry Zoë but I can't risk bringing in another teacher to teach you."

"What about a student? One you can trust." Albus thought about it, and two students came in mind that could meet Zoë's wish. He thought, however, that it would be too risky to get these students involved. Nevertheless, he told Zoë that he would think about it. Zoë practically skipped to her room from the exciting news that she would be able to get the education her father always wanted for her.