seven

Hogwarts Castle

Hogwarts Castle. November 30, 1996

Not much has happened in Zoë's life. Nothing ever does. As she sat in her room, someone knocked on her door. After she permitted them to enter, Severus came in. A small smile formed on her lips.

"Hello, Severus. What brings you here?" Severus hugged Zoë tightly and sat down next to her before he answered.

"Can I not see my favorite person?" Zoë let out a giggle and looked at him: that look of now-what-really-brings-you-here? Severus sighed, knowing that look all too well.

"Albus left for a...trip...and I didn't want to keep you here alone the whole day he was away." Zoë smiled and thanked him.

"Why is Uncle Albus always out though? He never told me the reason." Severus shifted a bit, a sign of discomfort.

"You will know soon enough Zoë. Don't worry about it." Severus stood up and gestured for Zoë to stand up as well, suggesting a silly "walk around the office".

As they walked, Zoë caught a glimpse through the large window, seeing what seemed like first years enjoying the outdoors, even though it was cold. Zoë frowned.

"What's wrong?" Severus asked, seeing the sadness over Zoë's face.

"I just...I want to be a witch. Being around all this magic and yet I can't have any of it." Zoë sighed before she continued. "And I also want protection. I mean look at my scar. If I was a witch I could have protected myself and saved my father from getting killed by Tom Riddle." Zoë stopped in her tracks, tears swelling in her eyes. Severus quickly took her in his arms, rubbing her back in comfort.

"I just want to see him again Severus. I miss him." Zoë cried out. Severus couldn't handle seeing someone he cared about so dearly suffer the way she was. Severus hugged her tighter as they stayed there for a few more seconds before he let go.

"How about I get you some sweets to cheer you up." Severus suggested. Zoë nodded and while wiping her tears away Severus left the office. It was quiet once more.

Half an hour later, a pop was heard in Zoë's room. Zoë entered to see Dobby with a tray. Dobby placed it down on her bed and went up to hug Zoë.

"Dobby is happy to see Miss Dumbledore again. Dobby was sent by Mister Snape to send Miss Dumbledore some sweets since Mister Snape got busy with something else." Zoë thanked Dobby and offered him a few chocolates from the tray. After he left, she turned to the tray completely and saw a cup on it. Zoë instantly recognized it as Butterbeer.

Severus went all the way to Hogsmeade to get Zoë Butterbeer.

One sip from it and warmth engulfed her whole body. It was nice.

::::::::::

It was late when Zoë left her room again to see the office was steal dark and empty. She thought her uncle would be back but nothing. He was still gone. She looked at the time.

2:30 am.

In a change of mind, Zoë put on some slippers and left the office, looking around the halls to see if it was empty. As she walked, she caught sight of Filch, walking past the halls with his cat Mrs. Norris. Hiding at a nearby statue, she waited for Filch to pass by. One he did, Zoë ran as fast as she could to the only place that she could hide in.

When she opened the door to the Room of Requirement, she wasn't surprised to see the mess of the room she was presented with. It was a while since she was able to get the room to become the cabin.

What was surprising, however, was the chocolate frog on the floor with a note on top of it. Zoë hunched down and took the note in her hands.

In slanted and small lettering, it read

I'm sorry.

"I've been leaving different ones here for weeks you know." Zoë turned around and faced, yet again, the white-haired boy.

Out of instinct, Zoë dropped the note and lowered her head, about the leave when Draco stopped her.

"I promise I won't come here again just don't hurt me." Zoë practically pleaded to Draco.

"The note is from me. And I mean it." Draco said. Zoë, with a confused expression, looked at the boy, who seemed uncomfortable that he was saying sorry.

"Thank you, Draco..." Zoë immediately recognized her mistake. She mentally slapped herself as she stared at him, his eyes slightly widened.

"I've heard of you," Zoë said before she could question him. "I mean I've seen you around school..." Draco, although suspicious, didn't think anything of it and just tried his best to not scare her again.

Awkwardly, Zoë picked the chocolate frog and opened it. She leaped back in surprise as the frog jumped out and went deeper into the room. Zoë giggled as she looked down, seeing a card in the box. Taking out, she saw her Uncle Albus. Slightly smiling, she placed it in her pant pocket and looked up at Draco, thanking him again.

 "I meant what I wrote. I didn't mean to scare you." Zoë let out a bit of a smirk as she saw Draco look away uncomfortably, as if saying sorry was foreign to him. 

"It's okay. I forgive you." Zoë smiled at him, Draco just looking away. In a moment Draco walked past her and was going deeper into the room when Zoë called out to him once more.

"Good night Draco." Pausing, Draco turned around. "Good night." And with that, Draco walked away, leaving Zoë standing there, a bit shocked that the boy was quite nice. As she left the room, she took out the card she got, looking at her uncle walk away, leaving the card dark.

A/N: Am I making Draco a kind character? Maybe. Well maybe to Zoë at least. Sorry if you don't like this interpretation of Draco. Comment if you would like to see the book version of Draco. Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes and stay safe. Bye!