ten

Hogwarts Castle

Hogwarts Castle. June 1st, 1996

It had almost been 6 months since Zoë disappeared. Hermione, Evanora, and Professor McGonagall looked on the border of the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade. But she was nowhere to be found. Even their last place, and Hogsmeade Station, was completly empty besides the sound of the last train leaving for the month. No one that knew of her existence could find her. It's like she fell off the face of the earth.

Nothing has been the same since.

Hermione and Evanora barely spoke. Hermione wasn't enthusiastic about classes anymore. In fact, she had been missing classes, staying in her room the whole day without leaving to eat. Evanora was worse. She would leave her room and just stay under the trees outside, just staring off into the distance. She would go back to the Castle late at night. However, when she would arrive at the door to the Ravenclaw common room, she wouldn't be able to solve the problem to get in. She couldn't seem to concentrate. People would find her sleeping outside, her eyes puffy.

There was a different atmosphere surrounding Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape as well. Professor Dumbledore has bags under his eyes like he hadn't slept for days. He walked slumped down, not like his usual straight posture. He also didn't smile at his students as he would before. Instead, he looked straight ahead. Professor Snape became even moodier than before. Even just a single dropped of a quill from a student would drive Professor Snape crazy. He had no mercy towards anyone, even towards his favorite house Slytherin.

Everyone noticed, yet no one knew what could do. What can be done when you don't even know what the problem is.

Harry Potter especially, seemed lost. 

One of his best friends was upset, barley leaving her room, and Professor, the man Harry looked up to, hung his head low at all times. Harry didn't know what was going on. It had been months since he had seen Hermione smile.

He felt like it had to do with Zoë. He heard Hermione's roommates talking about how she would keep saying the name Zoë in her sleep. Harry wanted to talk to Hermione, but he couldn't since he wouldn't be able to get up the stairs of the girl dormitory. So with that, he thought of another way to get to her.

"Hey, Ginny?" The ginger-haired girl turned around and smiled, asking Harry what he wanted. 

"Can you give this note to Hermione? If you can." Ginny nodded and went up to stair to get to Hermione. There she was, in bed. Her hair was even bushier than before and she looked skinny and pale. Ginny had almost gotten used to seeing Hermione this way, but she couldn't help but still feel uneasy about the state of one of her friends.

"'Mione? Harry sent you this note. You should read it." Ginny placed the note near Hermione's arm and walked out, not wanting to disturb the upset girl any further. 

As soon as Hermione heard Ginny leave, she pushed the not aside, it landing on the floor. She didn't feel like talking to anyone just yet.

-PAST-

The Room of Requirements. December 9th, 1995

Zoë Dumbledore had just woken up from her night's sleep. She stretched slightly before getting up to get whatever food the room had provided. She had been quite upset the past few days she was there. Zoë had started to feel when more lonely than before and she just wanted to be found. She didn't have to dignity to go back to the place she had left.

But she also never wanted to be found. She wanted to see her friends and Uncle Albus yet she didn't. It was a weird feeling that Zoë had and she had no way of making up her mind about it.

Until she heard a faint pop.

Zoë turned around to see the big eyes of Dobby. Zoë smiled widely and went up to him, embracing him in a warm hug. Dobby returned it the best he could.

"What are you doing here Dobby?" Dobby perked up.

"Ms. Dumbledore is going to be found! Mr. Dumbledore has found her and is coming for her quickly" Zoë's heart sank. She didn't even have to ask how he knew that. Zoë just stared at Dobby, not knowing how to process the new information.

And at that moment, she finally made up her mind. 

Zoë stood up and when to where she places all her stuff, including the Invisibility Cloak. She took out a bag and placed all her stuff inside it. With a swift motion, Zoë placed the bag over her shoulder. Dobby looked up to her confused, not knowing what she was doing. She only smiled at him, before placing the Invisibility Cloak over herself. 

And just like that, she left. As soon as the door slammed shut the room returned to an empty space. All the furniture was gone.

Zoë was gone.

As Zoë walked through the halls to get to any door to the outside, she spotted a few people she knew. 

She saw Hermione and Evanora walking past, the biggest of smiles on their faces. Hot tears started to pour down Zoë's cheeks. They seemed so happy without Zoë like they hadn't missed her at all. 

Zoë walked faster, the tears blurring her vision. If she hadn't wiped them just in time she would have bumped into a certain Gryffindor boy. 

The one with a scar on his forehead.

Zoë hadn't realized it was him as she barely passed him. She continued walking until she made it to a pair of doors she recognized. The same doors that she went through to go to Hogsmeade that day with Hermione and Evanora.

With that in mind, she found them unlocked. Zoë Dumbledore had opened the doors. She left Hogwarts Castle. And as the wind blew through her hair and the cape fell slightly of, she continued walking, not even knowing where she would go to.

Far away from the power of the map.

Far as possible from her Uncle Albus.

Far from Harry Potter.

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next Chapter will be a continuation of the little "backstory" so stay tuned. I'm sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes. Bye!