|13|

the cheating

the cheating

|13|

"STOP THAT, YOU TWO!"Jasper could hear a female voice scold someone, as he entered the house Willow had led him to. It was even further away from the society than the Cullens' house and around the same size, but with a terrace and a lot of balconies. His sister's coven apparently loved fresh air.

"Not until she admits that she cheated!" Another voice, male this time and somewhere familiar, yelled back, and Jasper could hear his sister chuckle. There was a growling response he couldn't understand, since it was soft and in Spanish.

The breaking of wood made Jasper stop his paces, turning around to look at his sister, "Are you sure no one will tear me to shreds?"

Willow checked out her nails mockingly, before smirking up at him, "I'm sure you'll be just fine, big brother. If your reputation does not precede you."

He followed her up a small staircase, that separated the hall from the living quarters. The house smelled fresh and new, which was probably the case, since Willow had informed him that they'd just moved to Forks. The sounds of wrestling people made him curious about the other members of Willow's coven, since she had a mate and three other coven members, from which two were mated as well.

"Now is this what you wanted, Martini?" a slightly familiar female voice growled, and Jasper could feel the annoyance that oozed from the person, "Just admit that I'm better at Operation than you and I might let you win something, once in a while."

"Alright, that's enough!" A new male voice came between the two fighting vampires, and again, Willow chuckled from beside him. "No more playing Operation for the both of you! And for the love of God, please don't try out Monopoly."

"I'm home!" Willow yelled hard enough for the entire house to hear, "And I brought a surprise."

In a rush, a very familiar, brown-haired male stood next to his sister's side, "What did you—" Jasper got thrown into the living room before he could defend himself. "YOU BROUGHT THE MAJOR OF THE SOUTH INTO OUR HOME?!" That was Logan Martini... Jasper had run into him before, when he was still with Maria. And Logan Martini appeared to be his sister's mate. Shit.

"Well, we could've anticipated that move, Lo," a female voice spoke up, "she found out he was in town two days ago." Jasper craned his neck to see Lilian Harper sitting on the loveseat in the living room, holding a cloth against her head to stop a wound from bleeding. What the fuck?

The vampire in front of her was making her want to pull her hair out of her scalp. He kept on being stupid and accusing her from cheating. "Stop with your bullshit, Logan, I'm not cheating!"

The light brown-haired vampire clicked his tongue and looked at her, "Are you sure, Lilian? Because I don't remember that piece being installed inside the patient." Oh, he would get it.

"If anyone cheats, you idiot, it's you," Lilian growled, "And I am sick of you trying to shove the guilt to me."

"Well I am –" Logan wanted to sneer something back, but from the couch, Layla became slightly annoyed with their constant bickering.

"Stop that, you two!" she yelled, rising from her place and slamming the book she was reading shut.

"Not until she admits she cheated!" Logan pointed at Lilian childishly, and the brunette gasped mockingly, raising an eyebrow at him.

"No puedes soportar que yo sea mejor que tú*," Lilian growled lowly at him, and that's when Logan growled back and lost it. Not minding the fact that Lilian was in her human form, and thus less strong and more vulnerable, he smashed her into the table.

Lilian felt blood seep from her head and hurled Logan onto the table in anger, breaking the wooden piece of furniture with a crack.

"Now is this what you wanted, Martini?" she exclaimed annoyed, "Just admit that I'm better at Operation than you and I might let you win something, once in a while." Logan growled again, readying himself for another attack, when Vincenzo suddenly stood between the two.

"Alright, that's enough!" he yelled, "No more playing Operation for the both of you! And for the love of God, please don't try out Monopoly." Those last words made Lilian chuckle a bit, as she looked at Layla and back at the table.

"I'm sorry," she whispered softly, but the dark-haired woman merely shook her head and gestured for Lilian to sit down in the loveseat. Layla suddenly had a piece of cloth in her hand and offered it to Lilian.

"Make sure it stops bleeding, or you'll have another one of those horrible nightmares," she whispered, kissing the crown of Lilian's head motherly.

"I'm home!" Willow's voice resounded through the entire house and Logan's mood became better within a second. "And I brought a surprise!" Logan Martini was gone by the word 'surprise', wanting to know exactly what his mate brought home.

With a lot of noise, a familiar, honey blond vampire was tossed inside the living room as if he weighted nothing. "YOU BROUGHT THE MAJOR OF THE SOUTH INTO OUR HOME?!" Lilian could hear Logan rage against Willow, and she rolled her eyes, looking at Jasper, then back to the seething vampire.

"Well, we could've anticipated that move, Lo," she said calmly, "she found out he was in town two days ago." It was when Jasper Hale craned his neck to look where the voice that defended him came from, when all her effort in creating a cover to not be discovered became utterly useless. For she could see in his eyes that he would never let her go again.

Even with the cloth against her head, Lilian knew that the bleeding wouldn't stop unless she turned back to her original vampire form... and that would mean for the mating bond to snap into place, something she'd rather procrastinate a little longer.

She rose from her feet and looked at Layla, "I'm going to bed." 

Reaching the top of the stairs had been quite the challenge, for the loss of blood in her human form gave her reason to pass out, which she almost did. Once in her room, Lilian dipped the cloth under the tap and moisturized it, so that she could disinfect the wound before she turned back to her vampire form.

When her skin turned back to its original snow-white color and her eyes were a mix of gold and red because of her newborn-phase, she sighed. Every time she had to change back to this form, she had to deal with bloodlust and that horrible ache in her throat that never seemed to leave.

She changed into a soft, lilac satin dress that ended mid-thigh, with fluffy white socks on her feet and a thin, velvet white bathrobe.

Lilian opened the doors to her balcony and let the sunlight of the twilight tickle her skin... as it sparkled like a thousand diamonds. She stared at the forest in front of her and breathed in all of its scents. Lilian was so enthralled by all the scents of flora and fauna, that she didn't hear the door of her room opening or closing.

"You're beautiful..." Jasper Hale suddenly spoke up from behind her, and Lilian turned around, startled by his voice.

Her breath hitched when their eyes met, and the mating bond snapped into place.

____

*You just can't stand it that I'm better than you.

____

feels? anyone?

>>>>> what should happen in the next chapter? <<<<<

- xxx