|20|

corrupted

corrupted

|20|

LILIAN HAD NO IDEA WHERE THEY WERE. Somewhere north of Forks, for sure. In the fucking middle of the woods. She wasn't sure about anything else. If they got in trouble or were killed, no one would ever find them.

"Woah, that's a lot of newborns..." Collin whispered in front of her. They found them. Lilian rushed to her brother's side, her eyes widening as she looked upon the dale. At least fifty newborns were either hanging around or fighting each other. She took notice of the pile bodies a little deeper within the woods.

In the dark of the night, some newborn vampires amused themselves near the campfire. The younger ones, who were around Quinn's age, sat near the fire... they were listening to a man with bright red eyes and honey blond hair. He wore luxurious clothes, though the silk kimono was a bit too farfetched. With excessive gestures and dramatic expression, he seemed to tell an impressive story.

"I think I found our Butcher," whispered Lilian, eyeing her enemy carefully. He looked somewhat familiar to her, but Lilian couldn't put her finger on it. Peter, on the other hand, released a gasp.

"Oh, we are so fucked," Edward translated for the stunned vampire. He pointed to the dark woods, behind the Butcher. From the shadows stepped a female; dark brown hair and Latina features... her crimson eyes looked around cautiously. Lilian's jaw locked.

"Maria..." mumbled Peter, his expression hopeless. "We are doomed."

Lilian shook her head. "No, not yet at least. I brought a funny toy that could help us." She took out the horrible smelling pouch, holding it in front of the others. "These are some chemicals I mixed together when I was still in high school. It only requires a tiny flame to create an immense explosion..."

Collin paled. "I feel a 'but' coming." Lilian just nodded, looking at Collin, Edward, Willow and Peter. There was indeed a 'but' they couldn't ignore.

"It takes some time for the chemicals to react... we would never be fast enough." Her brain tried to calculate every option they had, and none of them were good.

If they threw the pouch into the bonfire from their current location, the newborns would certainly notice. They weren't fast enough to run away from at least fifty newborns. If they let themselves get caught, their chances of escaping before the bomb went off were about nil.

"I think we could try hidden option three, there, Lilian..." Edward spoke up. He mentioned for them to retreat for a while. "We need to come up with a solid plan, and we can't do that here. The risk that they hear us are too high..." The others agreed. Before continuing any plan, they had to get out of here.

"Have you seen Collin?" Alice stood at the backdoor of the Cullens' house. Jasper and Emmett – who were training for the battle – both shook their heads. Now that he thought about it, Jasper had not seen Lilian for a while either. Nor Edward and Peter for that matter. He tackled Emmett whilst he started wondering what was going on.