|16|

happier than before

happier than before

|16|

SHE LOOKED BETTER, TO PUT IT SOFTLY. Her hair was a butterscotch brown and her blue eyes shone with happiness. This was the Lilian Harper Collin remembered. And there, behind his sister, Jasper Hale was leaning against his motorcycle, grinning at them widely. He'd brought her home.

Collin didn't pay much attention to his sister's boyfriend, as he crushed the brunette into a hug, lifting her off the ground and swinging her around. "I missed you, so much."

Lilian freed herself from his embrace and smiled at him, putting a kiss on his forehead. "I missed you too. But let's get to our parents, aye?" God, he'd missed her teasing voice. His eyes widened at the thought, did he seriously just say that? Oh, whatever, she was his twin-sister, he was allowed to miss her to no end.

"Sure, you know the way to the living room." Collin stepped aside, looking at Jasper expectantly, "You coming inside too, Jazz? Looks like it's going to rain any minute," he said, eyeing the sky cautiously.

"I don't want to ruin the moment," the honey blonde answered, his golden eyes never leaving Lilian's back. Collin saw his sister roll her eyes in annoyance as she smirked at the vampire.

"Come inside, cowboy! No need for you to get wet," she said to him, and then, Jasper shrugged and passed Collin on his way inside, taking off his jacket as he kissed Lilian's forehead.

"Did anything happen between you two?" Collin noticed the soft touches and gestures, the stares they were giving each other. His eyes widened as he began to laugh. "You two had sex, didn't you?" Lilian looked horrified and Jasper merely shook his head.

"I wish we had, Col," he said wistfully, still eyeing Collin's sister like she was a piece of eatable art. It did surprise Collin when his sister gave her boyfriend a punch in the shoulder. "Ow!"

"Collin what is going on there?" His father came walking around the corner, freezing as he saw his daughter standing there. Without any further words, the two of them hugged each other closely, Lilian pretty much disappearing through Johnathan's arms and chest. It was an adorable sight.

"You didn't bring a camera, by any coincidence, did you?" Collin murmured at Jasper, and the honey blonde shook his head.

"Shame I didn't." The vampire shrugged and just stared at his girlfriend's hair with a loving look on his face.

"Darling, is everything alright?" Cristina Harper now stood behind her husband, not seeing who he was hugging so tightly.

"More than alright, love," John answered with a smile in his voice. "Our baby came home." Lilian freed her head from her father's embrace and smiled at her mother. The Quileute woman got tears in her eyes as she too joined the hug.