|17|

two hundred problems and already a solution

|17|

"WHEN WE WERE FIVE, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up." Jessica Stanley was standing before a crowd of seniors and their parents... the scholars, in their golden graduation robes, all focused their eyes on the girl on the stage. Lilian actually listened carefully... this speech could be interesting.

"Our answers were things like, astronaut, president or in my case, a princess. And when we were ten, they asked again," spoke Jessica truthfully, the gymnastics hall silent enough for a human to hear a coin drop.

"We answered rock star, cowboy or in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they wanted a serious answer. Well, how about this - who the hell knows?" The entire crowd cheered Jessica on, Lilian too. She grinned at Jasper, who sat a few seats from her left, and then looked to her right to shoot Alice a confident wink.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, this is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love – a lot. Major in Philosophy because there is no way to make a career out of that." Even Jessica herself chuckled a little, and all of the graduating scholars agreed with her statement. "Change your mind and change it again because nothing's permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can. That way someday when they asked what we want to be, we won't have to guess – we'll know."

Yes, this absolutely was an amazing speech... memorable in every single way. Lilian was still repeating it in her head when she heard the name of her alter ego being called. And then, she finally graduated at Forks High School; free to go wherever she wanted, whenever she wanted.

Right now, Lilian wanted to leave, so she did. Not even looking at any of the families around her – not even the Cullens or her brother, whom was congratulating his girlfriend. With a content grin and the diploma in her hand, the figure of Nicole Shaw disappeared out of view.

Lilian ran to the Cullens' estate at high speed and jumped in through one of the opened windows of Jasper's room... she had been planning this scenario for a few days, and it felt like the perfect, dramatic return she needed.

She took the keys of her Audi R8 from the kitchen table and sped out of the house again. Within minutes, Lilian was racing down the highway, back to the school she just graduated from. Whilst driving, she took off her golden robe and head, and changed herself back to her own human form – the blond hair and the blue eyes. All this time, not one thought was able to wipe that smirk off her face.

His entire mood was happy and content because of all the happy faces around him. Many of the students were glad to be done with school, and their emotions showed this, of course. Jasper embraced Alice, who too, wore a big smile on her face when she embraced him.