|14|

forgiven

forgiven

|14|

JASPER COULD FEEL THEIR SOULS CONNECT AS THEY STARED AT EACH OTHER. He could see every sense of the words 'love', 'devotion' and 'commitment' in her eyes, and he was sure she could read the same things in his. It was like the earth and air were about nothing but her and he wanted to do nothing if it wasn't with her... he was hers and she was his.

The moment he started to breathe again, the air felt and tasted fresher than it had before. And he felt freer than he had before. The way she looked at him in pure surprise and amazement, as if she looked at a dream, gave him a tingling feeling from all over his body.

"Jasper," she breathed, nibbling on her bottom lip in confusion, "W-what just happened?" He stepped towards her, hoping for her to let him touch her... God, he wanted to touch her – the newly forced bond wanted him to touch her. Jasper reached for her shoulder and continued to stare into those magnificent eyes.

"I came to your room..." he started softly, "to beg for your forgiveness. To tell you that I should've never left you and that I will never ever leave you again. Instead, you were standing on your balcony, entranced by the outside world, and it was the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen. Since you didn't use any kind of cover of a sort, the mating bond clicked between us." His calm words seem to affect her slightly, yet Lilian yawned a little at the end of his small explanation.

"Can we talk about this in the morning? I'm too tired right now," she mumbled, her eyelids slightly heavy. Lilian changed back to her human appearance as she started to move toward her king-sized bed. Smirking, Jasper swooped her up in his arms and carried her to the bed in bridal style.

"Then I will wait for you till morning, darlin'," he murmured into her ear, nibbling her earlobe slightly. A small moan came from Lilian as she was laid down on her bed by him.

"Don't do that," she said firmly, and Jasper looked at her in shock. Her amber-colored eyes were ablaze with determination as she stared at him, "The fact that the mating bond fell into place says nothing. Nothing is forgiven or forgotten, and we still have to talk seriously... which means that you won't do anything touchy until I've decided to forgive you."

Jasper gulped nervously as his throat went dry. Most newly mated couples consummated their mating bond within an hour of their mating... and he wanted to do nothing different. His inner-animal had to do something to its significant other. The fact that she just threw that over board and forced him to stand down was a punch in the gut for itself. Jasper knew, however, that he had to accept it, because there was no way he would not give her what she wanted, and right now, the thing she wanted was space.

He stayed with her, watching her fall asleep and drift away in the land of dreams, until he felt like he needed some space as well.