Chapter 24: Sticky Sweet

Nikki
It's been two weeks since the incident with Melody, and life couldn't be worse. Well, it could, but our relationship has crashed into the rocks and sunk to the bottom of the ocean like the Titanic. Today is day 2 of our tour with Ozzy. We are still in California until May 17th, and then we head across the country. The house has felt so empty since Melody has been off with Mallory trying to find her an apartment.

They found one a couple of days ago, so she started to move in. Mick and Mallory started dating, too, so at least something good is happening in the universe. Vince and his wife have been talking about divorcing because she found out he was cheating on her during the tour... I still think he has something for Melody. I can't prove it, but I just have a feeling about it. I didn't quit or cut back on drugs either; if anything, I've been getting worse.

Melody knows; she's been doing them more, too. It's hurting our sex life, given that I can't get it up when I shoot up heroin. I know that Ozzy's wife, Sharon, would love that. She wants us to sign something saying there will be no drugs or drinking on tour, so I found a "no fun" T-shirt, and I will wear it the next time I see her. Ozz isn't going to stop like that; she should give it up. Chicks = trouble, and everyone should know that.

"Hey, I'm home." Melody calls from the kitchen.

A few moments later, she walks into the living room and sits down in the armchair.

"I assume you were with Mallory?" I ask.

"Yeah, she got all of her things moved in finally. Mick helped us a little too."

"Well, that's good," I look over at her; she's looking at me, "You know, I'll miss you while we are on tour."

"Yeah, I'll miss you too." She gets up and walks to the kitchen, not saying anything after that.

It felt hollow and fake; she won't miss me; she'll be glad I'm gone. No one wants me, no one loves me. I should just get used to it. The drugs will never leave me; I have them on my side for comfort.

"Do you want to go out somewhere tonight?" Mel asks me.

I walk to the kitchen and sit down on one of the barstools, "Where are you thinking of going?"

"I don't know, we could go to dinner. We could even invite Mal and Mick if you wanted to. We don't have to."

"Why don't we have a date night, we haven't had one in forever." I smile and place my hand on hers.

She takes it away to cut the sandwich she's making, "Yeah, that sounds good. It's been a really long time since we have done that."

"Any place I'm particular in mind, or do you want me to choose?" I ask.

"Why don't you choose? You're good at that sort of thing." She smiles.

"Okay then, it's a date." I get up to walk to our bedroom when the phone rings. "Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, it's Dave, Melody's dad. Is she around?"

"Yeah, man, she's here. I'll put her on the line." I hand her the phone, ignoring her confused face.

"Hello? Oh... hi, dad. Yeah, we got back a couple of days ago," She looks at me and rolls her eyes, "I could come visit sometime. Yeah, I don't think I'm going on the second leg of their tour with Ozzy. No, it was fun, but it's only for like two weeks, and I can stay here. We brought a girl back who was in an abusive relationship, so I want to be here for her, too."

I walk to the bedroom instead of listening to their conversation further. I kind of hoped she would go on the tour with us, but it's okay. I'm scared that the distance will only push us further apart, and then she won't be with me anymore. But, I'm Nikki Sixx; I know I could find another girl... they just wouldn't be Melody. I shoot some dope, then get in the shower really quick so we can go out later. My life is so boring when we aren't on tour. I don't know how I lived my life before.