Chapter 52: Stagefright

**N/A** I'm sorry this chapter is so so long, I just had a lot of ideas and felt they were all good here. The next will be shorter... thank you all for reading <3

"Melody, hurry up, we have to leave like right now!" Nikki yells from the living room.

I'm in the bathroom trying to narrow down what outfit I want to wear to dinner tonight. Joe and the guys took time off recording their new album to do this because they have been stuck in a rut for a bit.

Nikki invited them out a month ago, so they must have been in that rut for weeks now, I didn't want to pry. They were planning on coming for my birthday, now they decided to visit this week for some festival and for my birthday. Which is great, you know? I get to see them in March and in May, so I get to see Joe twice in two months just in case I missed him a little extra this year.

"Melody, why are you trying to dress up so much?" Nikki asks exasperated.

"I just want to look nice! You look nice in your button-down shirt, why can't I?"

"Because, you're a girl and you're going out to dinner with like six guys. And I am not dressed up, you know that I wear button downs all the time, now come on." He smacks the door frame with his palm twice and walks off.

I decide to put on the outfit I wanted to wear all along, even though I know it will piss Nikki off to no end. I love when I do that, it usually results in really rough sex when we get home, then I'm sore the next day.

I know Joe will look at me in this dress, it's a dark red body con that has a keyhole in the front and a cut out back. I'm wearing a leather jacket over it though, so maybe Nikki won't be as mad? Oh, who am I kidding, I am purposely provoking him, he's going to be pissed and I fucking love it.

I spray on some perfume and meet Nikki at the front door where he is very impatiently waiting.

"What kind of outfit is that?"

"It's a dress that I hardly ever wear." I shrug.

"Yeah, I've never seen you wear that before. But you're eating dinner with a bunch of men while you're dressed like that. We are going to a bar too... you really shouldn't wear that."

"That's ridiculous, why shouldn't I wear this tonight?"

"Because it's really revealing, I don't want a bunch of guys staring at your tits or your legs or your ass. Go change, I'll wait in the car."

I flip him off after he walks out of the house and shuts the door behind him. I'll be damned if I change my dress... unless I wear something even more revealing just to piss him off. I can zip up my jacket, so he won't be able to see what I'm wearing before we leave.

I find my low cut, off the shoulder dress that goes a bit above mid-thigh and put black fishnets on underneath with knee high black boots and then I put my jacket on over it so Nikki won't see. I rush out the door and hop in the passenger seat, he eyes me but doesn't say anything about what I'm wearing.

We pull up to the hotel that the guys are staying at and they all pile in the back, somehow fitting, even though they are packed like sardines.

"Hey, where's Joe at." Nikki asks.

"He wasn't sure if he wanted to come or not, he may meet us later." Sav says.

"No, I don't think so, he's going. Tell him that I will drag his ass out of his room if he isn't down in 5 minutes." Nikki says.

"Okay." Sav laughs and runs to tell Joe.

I feel bad, I know I'm the reason why he didn't want to come. I don't want things to be weird between us, but I can't help feeling as if our friendship has been ruined, and I think it's my fault, which really hurts. Sav comes back down with Joe a few moments later... he's changed since I saw him last, but he's still so fucking hot.