CHAPTER 08

roseanne watched as women surrounded her to take measurements for her dress for the ball. she told jimin that it was too much but of course, he did not listen and still wanted to give her the best of everything.

"what color do you prefer for your dress, young miss?" one of them asked as the others continued to make measurements.

"blush pink. i want it to match my bangle." roseanne answered shyly.

"you are really pretty and kind young miss. now i know why the prince had taken interest in you." the woman smiled.

"ah, no! it not what you think. the prince just thinks of me as a friend and nothing more." the siren denied.

"do you not see it? he had taken you under his care, given you the best of everything, and the way he looks at you had given everything away. i understand if you do not want to believe me, but you could never deny the possibility." the woman teased.

roseanne could not even speak. her words had her thinking again just like aunti myla's words.

"we have to go young miss. expect your dress done and delivered the day after tomorrow." the woman bowed and left with her assistants.

she stepped down the wooden platform and sat on it instead. the thought of jimin liking her made her heart flutter and face blush. she could even feel something weird in her stomach.

she sighed and reached for the shell on her necklace like she always does. she also could not help but wonder how things are going in her kingdom. or how lalisa and namjoon are doing.

she may always be having her time everyday, but everynight, she worries about her kingdom. knowing that her mother is worried sick about her.

but her mother knows her well.

"my queen. are not worried about your daughter's whereabouts? she had beed gone for weeks and you are doing nothing about the said situation!" one of the advisors of the siren queen exclaimed.

"i know my daughter. she is to find her way back here, her home, soon." the queen says.

"but your highness, what if humans had caught her? she could be in great danger!" one of them objected yet again.

"silence! i trust my daughter. she is wise and smart. she knows her duties well for she is the future of our kingdom." the queen exclaims, silencing the advisors.

she sighed and swam to her throne to take her seat. she trusts her daughter for she knows her better than anyone else.

but she could not help but worry, for her daughter might have met someone who would make her think twice of going back.