CHAPTER 09

"roseanne," jimin called.

the siren looked up from the book that she was reading, meeting jimin's eyes.

"yes?" she asked, closing the book and standing up. she brushed the skirt of her dressed, trying to look more presentable.

"would you please come with me?" he asked.

roseanne noticed how his eyes screamed sadness and grief. she immediately took his hand and let him lead her to wherever he wanted to bring her.

the two found themselves in silence. roseanne noticed how silent it also was in the village making her curious and sad at the same time because she was used to the cheery aura.

she was sitting down at the edge of the dock, her feet playing with the water.

"what happened?" she asked, deciding to break the silence.

"it is the death anniversary of my mother, the late queen." he answered with a sigh.

roseanne stood up and did not even bother to wear her slippers. she just went to the prince and gave him a hug.

a hug that made his tears stream down his cheeks. he just felt so comfortable being hugged by the siren. it made him feel like it was okay to let himself cry.

"do not stop your tears from ever coming. it is okay to not be okay and that will never make you weak. just like i told you before." she comforted him.

jimin hugged her back and continued to cry on her shoulder. he let all his pent up feelings out from where he kept it all these years.

"promise me that you will always be by my side." jimin cried.

"i promise, jimin. i will always be here if you need me." she promised, meaning every word with all her heart.

roseanne's mother was watching, hiding behind the rocks. she sighed. "i am happy for you my daughter. but i am afraid that our people would not be." she said to herself.

she looked away from the roseanne who continued to comfort jimin, and dove under the water to return to her kingdom.