Chapter 8

I burst through the door and went to the couch where Taehyung is. But he wasn't there.

Jungkook entered not even a few moments later.

"What's going on?"

"Where's Taehyung?!"

The shifter seemed confused. I heard something move above me. Was he upstairs?

"Don't follow me." I didn't mean to sound threatening to Jungkook, but I needed to know, and I felt betrayed since he lied about knowing me. If that was a memory we seemed to be close. I wanted to speak to the elf alone. I want the truth.

I went up the stairs. This floor had a few rooms with closed doors.

"Taehyung?!" one of the doors opened and he came out tying up a black silk robe that went to the floor. He had cleaned up the wound he had earlier. His hair was tied up in a loose bun.

"What?" he seemed surprised for once. Did he not see me coming with his foresight?

"What did you see?"

He didn't understand my question.

"That winter in front of the music shop. You had a vision. What did you see?"

His eyes widened.

"Did you remember something?" he had a slight hopeful tone.

So, it was a memory...

"How could you lie to me and pretend like you've never known me?!" I was feeling my anger and frustration boil within me.

"I'm not allowed to tell you anything!" he seemed to be frustrated as well. "You're supposed to remember on your own!"

Is this what Hoseok was talking about earlier?

"Why?!"

"Your mind wouldn't handle remembering everything at once! It could kill you!"

"And if I died you wouldn't have what you need from me right?!" I accused.

He stepped back as if what I had said had physically hit him.

"I didn't spend all this time trying to find you because of that. Did you not feel anything from that memory? Do you really believe I just want to use you?"

I didn't know what to say but seeing that I had hurt him forced me to calm down a little.

"Just... Leave me alone..." he stormed up to the next floor of the tower not looking at me once, but his face gloomy.

I stood there unsure of how I was feeling.

If that really was a memory, then we did know each other. Why did he have to lie about not knowing me? How could that truth have hurt me?

"It's true you know..." Jungkook was at the stairs entering the second floor cautiously.

"He never stopped looking for you...."

"Yeah..." I was suddenly exhausted.

"Remembering took a lot out of you didn't it?" he opened one of the doors revealing a small bedroom. "imagine if you were told everything and you suddenly remembered all at once. How exhausted would you feel then?" clearly Jungkook was trying to make it clear that Taehyung wasn't as bad as I made him sound. I wish he would have just told me that in the first place, but then again, would I have believed him if I didn't experience this feeling for myself? I felt completely drained of energy, a heaviness on my chest.

"Hoseok had this room prepared for you. You should rest since tomorrow will be a big day." Jungkook was doing his best to make me feel welcome, even though I could clearly tell he saw me as a stranger.