15 - a text from unknown

song for chapter:
bayou - mountains of the moon
| born on the bayou |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

jaylee's pov
monday 12:30pm

"can I ask you something?" raven broke the silence in the car as she questioned me, glancing over her shoulder to look at me, then back to the road.

I tilted my head a bit as I looked over to her, squinting my eyes to try and read her. "what?" I asked in a confused manner, concerned for what she was going to say.

one of her eyebrows raised as her lips formed into a smirk. "what happened in the hot tub after we went inside the night of the twins party?" she questioned me, but by her tone of voice I could tell she already knew.

"oh my gosh." my eyes rolled as the skin covering my cheeks started to feel hot from my blush. I shook my head, looking out of the window as a shy smile was painted my lips. "you guys did me so dirty." I laughed lightly, turning back to look at her.

"we were helping you out!" her voice raised high as her eyes immediately widened in a defensive manner.

my eyebrows quickly raised up, then down, knowing that whatever the group was trying to accomplish, clearly worked. "you sure did that." I admit honestly, mumbling quickly.

"what's that supposed to mean?" she continued to look back and forth from me, then back to the road. a wide smile was across her lips, like she was getting excited for me.

I inhaled a breath, puffing up my cheeks before exhaling as I looked out of the windshield straight ahead. "we kinda..." I could feel myself being hesitant on telling anyone. "made out." I admit, turning my head to look at her reaction.

almost immediately, her hand quickly covered her mouth out of shock. "no way." she spoke out of disbelief as her widened eyes looked back and forth from the road, then back to me. "oh my gosh, jaylee!" she squealed once she realized I wasn't lying.

I slouched down in the seat, feeling my face flush from blushing. "it was so good." I admit in a voice that sounded like I was whining, popping out my bottom lip from missing him already.

a smile was beaming on her face, looking like she was genuinely happy for me. "fucking finally." she groaned.

"he wants to be friends with benefits. that's the only part that kinda stings." my mood slowly started to fall the more I thought about it, my eyes looking down to my hands in my lap. "he's not ready to let me fully back in. he's scared of me." I rubbed my lips together out of guilt.

"hey, at least this is a step." she raised both of her eyebrows at me as if I should be appreciative.

I looked over to her, raising only one of my eyebrows to show her that I was confused. "how is this a step?" I questioned her in a confused tone.

she gave me a look as if I were being ridiculous for even asking her that question. "name two people who have done friends with benefits and not caught feelings for each other." she told me in a plain tone as if it were obvious.

"I know. everyone catches feelings." I agreed with her, placing my elbow onto the window as my hand held up my head. "but I think the feelings between us are already there. he's just gonna shut them out. he's gonna shut me out." I told her my honest thoughts.